Bar wear

Ty Korrigan

51 minutes ago, Khriss said:

That's atrocious  ?  I hope you finished properly with a die straight Bavarian chalet log stack young man  ?  K

Those pieces are eventually moved to a pallet stack made of potato boxes to dry. A hint for other firewooderz, asking local potato or beet farmers if they have old wood boxes they need to get rid of is a good idea. They are huge, easily repaired if damaged, and make great pallets to dry and move wood in, and can be burned once they break down too much. We usually drag them over to the pile on the tractor, use the scoop to fill them, then drag the pallet back to the stack.

I never got a photo of them since it's sort of a boring photos, but this is an idea what they can look like. Ours are built with 12X2's instead of 4X2's, tho, and are 4 foot by 8 foot:

potato_box-1.jpg

Edited by wyk
  • Like 2

I'll post a few images of my chains for slating later on.

The 500i is now running a new Sugihara on the thickest oil my local motoculture supplies.

1st new chain now due for a light tickle.

I can see the bar is quite oily where as before with Aspen bio-oil is was much drier but 'cleaner'.

I'm still using Aspen bar oil on all other saws under 60cm as I've never really had an issue and still appreciate it's benefits.

Stuart

15924817483192779033292082698040.jpg

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, nepia said:

Pass. What does it look like?   I guess I'll know I missed it when the bar and chain cook!

You wont be the first and you won't be the last,   another stupid idea brought to you by Stihl - purveyor of professional chainsaws to the discerning arboricultural and forestry masses ( soon to be stolen from a trannie near you ?) K