Clearing newly purchased Land in Yorkshire.

Matt C

Hi All,

I have recently purchased 1 acre of adjoining land to my property. Unfortunately the land has been left for 15+ years and is in a poor state. The land is in a conservation area and has some lovely trees that have not been cared for and in turn now has damage which I need to get ontop off. Before this however I need to remove the 7ft nettles and brambles that have tried to takeover! None of the hire places nearby seem to have power sythe’s or equivalent and just wondering if anyone in the LS25 yorkshire postcode can recommend. I have also seen the Robocut systems that look good but again either in the southwest or Scotland so it seems... if anyone has any good referrals or advice I would appreciate it. Thanks! 

3DB145CC-DBAA-42DB-BCF3-1144CF89BC06.jpeg

79B978FE-39D0-4D79-B051-0D018E5C3B3E.jpeg

Thanks Steve. I’m keen to get cracking with it to be honest so I can then sort the council side out with the trees once we know what needs doing to them from getting physically next to them. Certainly happy to get a team or teams in, don’t have a specific budget but aware I will be spending money!! 

Hire a avant with a flail mower, would drop that lot within half a day i would guess. An area local to me was done 4 acres in just over a day inc some 10ft deep bramble hedge reduction running through the middle of the fields.

I did just over an acre in half a day with a pedestrian unit, cost £50 a day to hire (derby based) had a second person on a brush cutter doing close to the many trees on site.
How far north are you?

GROUNDCAREPLANTHIRE.CO.UK

Contact Us Short and long term hire options available, call today for advice on theright equipment for your project: 07926 805 260 Unit 11, Burton Enterprise Park, Burton on Trent,
These guys are Burton on Trent but it fits on a trailer easy enough.

RANSKILLHIRE.COM

We have a wide range of Agricultural, Horticultural and Forestry plant for hire in Yorkshire, Nottingham, Derby and Lincolnshire.

WWW.CLEVELAND-LAND-SERVICES.CO.UK

Spider ILD 02 Rotary Slope Mower from CLS Selfdrive is useful for maintaining unkempt turf that is on unreachable terrain, which requires high quality cuts.

First two that came up on a google search.
  • Like 2

Wouldn't be a big deal to do that with a good strimmer. I would be worried about hidden fences, rubbish, small trees you'd to keep etc.

If you can leave some of the nettles, they're good for the butterflies :star:

• Like 1

First job is an Eco survey including the trees. Be insurance for you in case a Protected species is resident,  bad news if you roar in there with a mulcher vehicle n cllapse a Badger sett . Anything on paper is a good start , regarding yr Duty of care in Conservation areas. Tha' knows.  K

10 hours ago, Matt C said:

I have recently purchased 1 acre of adjoining land to my property. Unfortunately the land has been left for 15+ years and is in a poor state.

No it's almost back to perfect, it's just not how you want it to be ? Fence it and chuck a few pigs and goats in there it will soon look better.

Edited by peatff