Stihl ms 241 m won't idle

Shaunpaul

Hi all, as above my 241 is playing up, starts fine from cold but if you put it down for a few seconds to move brash etc it cuts out, will only start again with choke on even when warm. Any ideas? It's the m-tronic so no screws to turn ?

10 hours ago, Heavy Oil Saw said:

Is it operating through the rev range happily, or is it slow coming off of full throttle/idling odd like it is running out of fuel?

Hi, it runs great when on throttle but doesn’t idle on tickover, I’d take it to dealers to plug in but .....£££

Hi, it runs great when on throttle but doesn’t idle on tickover, I’d take it to dealers to plug in but .....£££

Well if all systems seem to work, without bench testing it, spark, compression, press/vac test, I’d throw a new white solenoid in it, reset the MT and see where I was.
Set you back £25-£30, not sure what it’d cost to diagnose at dealership.
MT is the same as a “normal” carb from what I understand of them, you still need to start at basics, air filter, fuel, spark, and move on from there. You can change the control module and solenoid, but that won’t help a leaking crank seal, split fuel pipe or a bad spark plug.
  • Like 2

Hello, mine, which I bought for my wife to use is difficult to start once warm unless choked. Clutch springs recently replaced, filter, plug and it is run on Aspen

Should I perform this reset I've just seen mentioned above?

Stuart

Sorry, for some reason I didn’t see your post until now. You can perform a reset, depends on the reset you need. A reset is always needed after fettling with the saw, that’s my mantra anyway.

Here’s the link

M-Tronic_machines_starting_position-1.jpg

BLOG.STIHL.CO.UK
STIHL M-Tronic machines are designed to perform at their best at all times, but they sometimes need a reset. Find out when and how to reset them here.
  • Like 2