Big Ash tree needs felling

Cadno

10 minutes ago, 5 shires said:

Who said anything about haggleing down the price? I just said if he can get it down to £3’500 in my opinion that would be about right money for the job.

You!?

1 hour ago, 5 shires said:

If you can get him down to £3’500 I would say that would be around the correct price to take down tree,remove all timber + woodchip and stump grinding.

• Haha 2

Asking a question is a lot different to haggleing....there is always room for movement for cash...haven’t any of you put a price in and lowered it for cash...Christ sake you lot take a chill pill anybody would think you were doing the job.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't see why anyone would give a discount for cash on that job rather then just being paid by bank transfer. 

Cash =

£400 less

Having to count a large amount of money in front of the client to check the correct balance. 

Having the worry of carry that amount of money to the bank. 

Having to stand in potential a long queue to pay the money in once you get to a bank with reduce opening hours ( hoping its not raining). 

Having to pay higher bank charges to put in cash. 

And the last worry that you don't have any counterfeit notes. 

Bank tranfers=

Invoice job from the comfort of your home and money is in the account hopefully within terms of the invoice. 

Really don't know why anyone would want cash nowadays ?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, treevolution said:

I can't see why anyone would give a discount for cash on that job rather then just being paid by bank transfer. 

Cash =

£400 less

Having to count a large amount of money in front of the client to check the correct balance. 

Having the worry of carry that amount of money to the bank. 

Having to stand in potential a long queue to pay the money in once you get to a bank with reduce opening hours ( hoping its not raining). 

Having to pay higher bank charges to put in cash. 

And the last worry that you don't have any counterfeit notes. 

Bank tranfers=

Invoice job from the comfort of your home and money is in the account hopefully within terms of the invoice. 

Really don't know why anyone would want cash nowadays ?

What????..the whole idea of being paid cash is you don’t put it in the bank and as for standing there counting it who gives a f—k...it’s takes 2 mins to count that out.god I must be getting old.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1