Big Ash tree needs felling

Cadno

I always look at a large tree to fell and first think what's it going to cost to reduce by 20%. 

Let say £500 plus VAT

Now I know its going to be at least 4 times more work, if not 5 to fell the tree so it's simple maths. 

£2500  plus VAT

Plus additional cost for the stump. 

Always underpriced jobs when I was younger until I got a hernia. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, 5 shires said:

I said if I were local that would be the price..who said anything about difficult access and wood removal.?

You did, first quote “depending on access” and “keep the wood or not” you gave a range of 1200-1400, which some will interpret as: 

good access, wood staying 1200. Difficult access, wood away 1400

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, josharb87 said:

You did, first quote “depending on access” and “keep the wood or not” you gave a range of 1200-1400, which some will interpret as: 

good access, wood staying 1200. Difficult access, wood away 1400

Not getting into a slanging match,I know what I ment and if anybody interpreted that way that’s fine...it’s not the end of the world is it really.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 5 shires said:

Not getting into a slanging match,I know what I ment and if anybody interpreted that way that’s fine...it’s not the end of the world is it really.

Think your getting a bit of unfair stick here!!

We all price differently, we all work differently, pretty sure there’s no right or wrong answer here just what your happy taking away in your pocket. 

Some under value some over value ??‍♂️

If said tree can be done 3 men in 1 day and I stress IF £1400 is good money in anyone’s book surely?!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WesD said:

Think your getting a bit of unfair stick here!!

We all price differently, we all work differently, pretty sure there’s no right or wrong answer here just what your happy taking away in your pocket. 

Some under value some over value ??‍♂️

If said tree can be done 3 men in 1 day and I stress IF £1400 is good money in anyone’s book surely?!

That works out at £460 per man day !!!  very expensive .....the job will probably  be done by someone who under prices it !!!

6 minutes ago, devon TWiG said:

That works out at £460 per man day !!!  very expensive .....the job will probably  be done by someone who under prices it !!!

Given someone has priced it at 5+k I’d say at £460 per man you’d be the guy who’s under priced it and walk away with the spoils. Again I’ll stress we all price differently and I’m only stating that 5shires seems to be copping a fair bit of flack for his price which to be fair is all based off a picture. 

• Like 1

Thats a fair sized tree,theres 4 days in that imo, thats its all gone & stump ground out its got some bloating @ the base so may get lucky with with a soft center?climber & 1 on rigging & preper for drag its a fair drag for 2, would split the drag .1,to the path drop brash 2nd takes to chipper & chips,due to narrow path,4 man job imo, lot off cutting up to do & a shit load of cleaning thats a lot off sawdust to blow under them rodes??

??

• Like 1