Who does your repairs/servicing?

Nathane30

New member, hope you’re all safe and well.

Long story short, I’ve been offered the chance of buying a garden machinery shop/workshop.

It’s been going over 20 years but all the customers seem to be general public as opposed to arb/landscape/garden firms. I was wondering how many of you take your kit to a shop rather than repair/service it yourselves?

Thanks

It took me around a month to work out that the general public by cheap brands, worth nothing so the repair bill will generally come to more than the machine is worth.

Cheap brands take just as long if not longer to fix, parts are much more difficult and the general public don't want to wait 3 months so buy new again.

Good luck with it - look at his books carefully!

Very rarely take a saw to a shop, all the basic stuff is easy to do and (touch wood) by keeping on top of that don't have much trouble. When I did have an issue with my Stihl kombi which I didn't understand I went to the local machinery places and they were 6 weeks minimum so I investigated more and fixed it myself.

Maybe a garden machinery shop will spend more time on mowers and bigger machines? Sharpen, change the plug, change the oil, all in a mad rush in spring.