Einhell GE-LC 36/35 Li Or Other

Witterings

1 hour ago, Witterings said:

Cheers for that ... have you had it long / much use and any comments on durability?

2 months but she  has had some good use in that time. What i did was build up the battery packs as they were on offer like they are now in tool station. Those 2 batteries will do you a solid hour cutting flat out . I bought like 4 double packs with chargers to so the bare tools are peanuts then. I will put einhell against most top brands and a third of the cost. Another 2 new batteries coming on sunday for this price ( have new charges here ) if you need one cheap ?

£59.98 was £119.96
Edited by topchippyles

10 minutes ago, Stubby said:

With the petrol saw ( with the blunt chain ) if you actually count the seconds from when the bar touches the log its actually quicker than the battery one . About 15 or so seconds .

Who cares stubby, Does what is on the tin lol and i would buy another one in a split second old timer (67 old see) ?

2 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Who cares stubby, Does what is on the tin lol and i would buy another one in a split second old timer (67 old see) ?

To be fair I don't care .  I probably would not care if I was 6 or 7 or 67 and I am happy that you are happy . I have no problem with battery tools . Just pointing out the test was a little in accurate .

• Like 2

On 04/06/2020 at 10:13, Witterings said:

Looking for something to take out into local woods to cut approx 8/10/12" width lengths of log approx 4.5 feet long that I can load into the back of the car (Zafira) and bring home and then use a petrol saw to section into smaller log burner size lengths.

Has anybody got the Einhell and if so what do you think of it both in terms of battery life and build quality etc. and would I easily fill a boot full on a charge .... the smaller one there were reviews saying the chain wasn't great (although that could be replaced for a fairly small amount) so wondered if the bigger brother had any known failings.

If I compare the cost of the Einhell to say Makita / Stihl equivalents they're virtually double the cost with battery / charger but if the Einhell was no good I'd rather bite the bullet and buy once.

Not meaning to be cynical here but could it be the battery saw is for being stealthy in the LOCAL ! woods ? 

26 minutes ago, youngsbury said:

Not meaning to be cynical here but could it be the battery saw is for being stealthy in the LOCAL ! woods ? 

No it's for the sides of a busy walkway on common land that passes down the back of a housing estate, I went up with my petrol saw a while ago and got some glares from passers by as well as people looking out of their window that ovelooks the path to see what I was doing.

With summer people sitting in their garden over a weekend really don't want to sit there with a chainsaw blaring out so thought it was a better option ..... if I'm brutally honest though it's probably just an excuse to justify expense / a new toy to the Mrs ?

Anybody have any experience with the Makita duc 355Z ????

Is einhell really that good in general ? I've looked at their tools before, but I don't know anyone that uses them. I have 2 lots of battery gear, metabo for site work as I find it indestructible and milwaukee for bench work, as I find it comfortable in the hand. I have tried ryobi as a cheap bodging kit, but found it crap, thought it was decent at first but it just doesn't last, unless I had a Friday afternoon jobby. So would be willing to try something different if I knew it would last.

16 minutes ago, harvey b davison said:

Is einhell really that good in general ? I've looked at their tools before, but I don't know anyone that uses them. I have 2 lots of battery gear, metabo for site work as I find it indestructible and milwaukee for bench work, as I find it comfortable in the hand. I have tried ryobi as a cheap bodging kit, but found it crap, thought it was decent at first but it just doesn't last, unless I had a Friday afternoon jobby. So would be willing to try something different if I knew it would last.

Not all is up to the  milwaukee range but at least 50% are if not better as i have both. Impact drivers are the best i have ever used and that includes the full range as a full time trades person.