Einhell GE-LC 36/35 Li Or Other

Witterings

Looking for something to take out into local woods to cut approx 8/10/12" width lengths of log approx 4.5 feet long that I can load into the back of the car (Zafira) and bring home and then use a petrol saw to section into smaller log burner size lengths.

Has anybody got the Einhell and if so what do you think of it both in terms of battery life and build quality etc. and would I easily fill a boot full on a charge .... the smaller one there were reviews saying the chain wasn't great (although that could be replaced for a fairly small amount) so wondered if the bigger brother had any known failings.

If I compare the cost of the Einhell to say Makita / Stihl equivalents they're virtually double the cost with battery / charger but if the Einhell was no good I'd rather bite the bullet and buy once.

29 minutes ago, Peter 1955 said:

I must be missing something here. Personally, I'd be taking the petrol saw out to acquire the timber, and using a battery or mains one at home. 

Noise where I go and smell of petrol in the car but also I'd feel more comfortable working at height hedging / pruning etc. with an electric than a petrol (especially as it's not that easy to start a petrol up a ladder ?) so it's kind of dual purpose.

19 minutes ago, Witterings said:

Noise where I go and smell of petrol in the car but also I'd feel more comfortable working at height hedging / pruning etc. with an electric than a petrol (especially as it's not that easy to start a petrol up a ladder ?) so it's kind of dual purpose.

Fair enough. There's worse kit than Einhell. Re saws up ladders, it's not a marriage made in heaven whatever power they use. From the scenario you describe, if you go for Einhell, I'd be adding one of these.  ( Mind you, I have Makita tools, so my choice is made already). 

Edit: Blimey, the Einhell stuff is cheap! Saw, charger and one 3Ah battery for less than the cost of two Makita batteries? If I were using any battery kit, 5Ah is the minimum size, and 6 is better. 

Edited by Peter 1955
Added info.

58 minutes ago, Peter 1955 said:

if you go for Einhell, I'd be adding one of these.  ( Mind you, I have Makita tools, so my choice is made already). 

Edit: Blimey, the Einhell stuff is cheap! Saw, charger and one 3Ah battery for less than the cost of two Makita batteries? If I were using any battery kit, 5Ah is the minimum size, and 6 is better. 

This is partially what started me looking at an electric as I have an electric Black & Decker pole saw which has been absolutely brilliant but recently I've been topping some conifers / hedges (and need to do more and maintain in the future) where the cut's horizontal as opposed to vertical. 

I was trying to do it with the pole saw but you have to move the ladder miles away and hold the heavy saw horizontally which is a nightmare and several times I went up the ladder to find it was just that bit too close or bit too far away and you end up climbing down and moving the ladder and having to go up again ..... was uncomfortable and taking hours. 

If I don't go for the Einhell it'd be the Makita duc 355 Z which I get is probably a far superior piece of kit but as you say double the cost at least with batteries / charger .... it's whether that cost's justified for the amount I'd use it ..... with hindsight I only recently bought a new ish petrol saw, I probably would have been best off getting a cheaper electric for the home use and putting the money saved towards the battery one.

2 hours ago, Witterings said:

Looking for something to take out into local woods to cut approx 8/10/12" width lengths of log approx 4.5 feet long that I can load into the back of the car (Zafira) and bring home and then use a petrol saw to section into smaller log burner size lengths.

Has anybody got the Einhell and if so what do you think of it both in terms of battery life and build quality etc. and would I easily fill a boot full on a charge .... the smaller one there were reviews saying the chain wasn't great (although that could be replaced for a fairly small amount) so wondered if the bigger brother had any known failings.

If I compare the cost of the Einhell to say Makita / Stihl equivalents they're virtually double the cost with battery / charger but if the Einhell was no good I'd rather bite the bullet and buy once.

I posted the other week as i use einhell stuff every day. The saw in question is more the up to the job i can promise you.Use mine a lot on early mornings and saves fuel but i do have 6 big boy batteries. Had a voucher to use so picked up one of these to.One of my favourite saws and the side casing safety quick locking system is a great little feature.

Einhell 41cc 33.5cm Petrol Chainsaw GC-PC1335 TC

Edited by topchippyles

19 hours ago, topchippyles said:

I posted the other week as i use einhell stuff every day. The saw in question is more the up to the job i can promise you.Use mine a lot on early mornings and saves fuel but i do have 6 big boy batteries. Had a voucher to use so picked up one of these to.One of my favourite saws and the side casing safety quick locking system is a great little feature.

Cheers for that ... have you had it long / much use and any comments on durability?

5 minutes ago, topchippyles said:

Its the same make saw you header just the petrol version ??

With the petrol saw ( with the blunt chain ) if you actually count the seconds from when the bar touches the log its actually quicker than the battery one . About 15 or so seconds .