Panther PM-60 Mill - 42" GB Lo Pro Bar - 20" Cherry Tree and it's all good!

Rob D

Am going to post each new vid we do as an individual thread from now on - I think it then makes it easier to find what you are looking for and also adds more benefit to the arbtalk platform.

Simple concept this yet what a game changer! It's almost [but not quite] as much so as the winch - use your large mill to mill a smaller tree - there is a limit ie. would not advise a 64" bar on an 18" tree.

Set up:

• PM-60 60" Mill
  • NEW Panther Winch set up [see other arbtalk thread in Panther sub forum]
  • 42" GB Lo Pro Bar
  • 20" Cherry

Not only can you fit the larger Panther to the small 42" lo pro bar - find assembly to do this here

WWW.CHAINSAWBARS.CO.UK

P-ACA Panther Additional Central Bracket Assembly. This allows you to fit a smaller chainsaw bar in a longer Pantehr...

Add an additional internal skid assembly to the bar to enable you to do smaller logs find it here

WWW.CHAINSAWBARS.CO.UK

P-ISA Panther Internal Skid Assembly [Mill Smaller Logs with a Larger Chainsaw Mill]. Positioning on inside of bar allows...

• Like 5

Rob i did phone you twice yesterday. I need a couple of new ripping chains for my 36" GB bar to go on my stihl 038 . Also looking for a new 24"  milling bar and chains to. What options do you suggest as will be used on an m7  logosol as my backup saw for smaller stuff.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, topchippyles said:

Rob i did phone you twice yesterday. I need a couple of new ripping chains for my 36" GB bar to go on my stihl 038 . Also looking for a new 24"  milling bar and chains to. What options do you suggest as will be used on an m7  logosol as my backup saw for smaller stuff.

• sorry we have poor phone cover at moment buy here for the bars
WWW.CHAINSAWBARS.CO.UK

SNHL36-50WRx2 36"[91cm] GB Lo Pro Milling Bar+Chains Kit 3/8 Lo Pro .050 114 drive links. Read and check the...

down and you'll see the PMX options

Stick to all lo pro - it's the best set up in my opinion and what I use.

Scroll

• Thanks 1

Hi Rob,

I'm looking at your PM48 kit and before I purchase I had a couple of questions.

What grinding stone will I need for the lo-pro chain? In case I already have it...

I've got a 660 and i'm assuming it'll have the grunt to push this rig, Y?

Last, I also see there is now an intermediate post for shorter bars on longer mills... is this a big faff to change between the two setups?  

I wanted to change as I have one of your Eco mills but am spending a lot of time getting the depth accurate and the Panthers seem to have this down pat. + the extra width offered seems a good call.

Thanks

Bob

1 hour ago, Bob_z_l said:

Hi Rob,

I'm looking at your PM48 kit and before I purchase I had a couple of questions.

What grinding stone will I need for the lo-pro chain? In case I already have it...

I've got a 660 and i'm assuming it'll have the grunt to push this rig, Y?

Last, I also see there is now an intermediate post for shorter bars on longer mills... is this a big faff to change between the two setups?  

I wanted to change as I have one of your Eco mills but am spending a lot of time getting the depth accurate and the Panthers seem to have this down pat. + the extra width offered seems a good call.

Thanks

Bob

If you are not going wider or getting a larger saw in the future then stick with the PM48.

5/32"[4mm stone] for 3/8 Lo Pro chain.

I like the larger mills weight as it keeps it flatter on the log - but this is personal preference - no once the middle bracket is set up it's not a faff to change - but it is a faff to get it set up and working well first time round.

• Thanks 1