4SRT Knee Ascender

luke_bolton_

The great advantage of the HAAS compared to homemade is that it's simple - you buy it, it works. The doubled up elastic length inside means that it keeps a reasonable force over a longer travel so you don't need to adjust anything for different height users.

HAAS is kind of expensive but I don't regret buying one. Haven't seen the 4SRT.

• Like 4

I made my own, pretty similar to the 4srt one, and it was fine. My only issue was it was too much stuff hanging off my harness, and since the haas looks bulkier I can't imagine it helping out on that front. 

I think the 4SRT one comes with a little bag so that might help with the annoying-ness of its swinging about I suppose - thanks!

Yeah I know a lot of folk have something like a chalk bag for theirs, seems a good solution. But still too much bulk for me. I ended up ditching it and going for a different style knee ascender. 

What did you end up going for? The reason I was looking at this still is so it can be used with spikes also I think

2 hours ago, billpierce said:

Made this for cheap. Works good, big crab goes onto 4srt foot loop. Marlow elastic off ebay ( maybe 6mm) 20190429_153224.jpeg

pretty much the same as mine although i used one of those  tiny dmm xsre krabs for the footloop.