Need a knot suggestion

Steve Bullman

15 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

DOn't see how this gets over the original problem of cinching up the knot on the loop end

Then the knot can just be an overhand knot and that keeps all the beads in line and tight. The loop/splice at the end would just be to attach to the dummy.

The little splice just means that you could do it all on a single bit of rope instead of a double one.

I'll have a look and see if I can fashion something to show what I mean

Couldn't find any beads. Lent my last lot to Joe and he never bought them back.

Hope this makes sense. Just cinch all the beads down to the end to cover up the fisherman's knot and tie a simple knot on the top to prevent movement.

20200604_120018.jpg

20200604_120136.jpg

20200604_115925.jpg

How are you attaching it to the clip?
Does it not make sense to start at the loop end, put in a figure of eight on a bite, tie knots between the beads as you go and then tie on the clip with a knot that cinches it all up, cut and melt the ends..?!