Need a knot suggestion

Steve Bullman

7 hours ago, Steve Bullman said:

Not for climbing :)

Need some sort of cinching knot to put on this loop. It needs to snug right up to the beads so they can’t be separated easily under load. Any clever suggestions?

F39FFABF-464B-4CD9-8B89-7CB9BE5A15EE.jpeg

whipping?

3 hours ago, Tommy_B said:

@Matthew Norman Will come up with something. I'm sure there is a way to do this.

Whats on the other end? This is how I'd do it. Do the loop, then a crown knot, then the beads, then seal the end.

If you want to be really fancy, drill the end with a pilot, drill again so stop the knot pulling through, tie the knot then hammer some dowell in to fill the hole and sand it all off clean

Basically its something like this. Clip one end and a loop the other to attach to a dummy

I don't think counter sinking the end is feasible as it would mean that bead would need to be retested individually I expect

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 18.39.22.png

38 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

Basically its something like this. Clip one end and a loop the other to attach to a dummy

I don't think counter sinking the end is feasible as it would mean that bead would need to be retested individually I expect

Screen Shot 2020-06-03 at 18.39.22.png

Ah, I thought they were bigger than that. Righto. I'll have a think.

Just watching YouTube videos. I'm not bored or anything. I reckon you could splice some thin cord with a locking brummel. load all beads on and then terminate at the clip with a single fisherman's knot, slide beads toward the termination knot and tie a knot up by the splice and you're done. 

Buy me a reel of thin cord and I'll do em for you?

I've spliced Zingit to see if I could, no kid would break that!??

4 minutes ago, Tommy_B said:

Just watching YouTube videos. I'm not bored or anything. I reckon you could splice some thin cord with a locking brummel. load all beads on and then terminate at the clip with a single fisherman's knot, slide beads toward the termination knot and tie a knot up by the splice and you're done. 

Buy me a reel of thin cord and I'll do em for you?

I've spliced Zingit to see if I could, no kid would break that!??

hmm trying to picture what you mean there

Currently she's been burning the cord then fusing it together. I haven't managed to break one yet. I need to watch her make one as she puts a knot within each bead aswell.

25 minutes ago, Steve Bullman said:

hmm trying to picture what you mean there

Currently she's been burning the cord then fusing it together. I haven't managed to break one yet. I need to watch her make one as she puts a knot within each bead aswell.

Best I can do without any rope in front of me! It's not hard though

15912114744826602569773334563158.jpg

Am I being dumb here but would not a simple figure of eight or overhand knot suffice?

Tighten with a finger in the loop and pull the knot down hard against the beads with the other hand. Difficult to undo if you pull hard on the loop.

43 minutes ago, Xiucutil said:

Am I being dumb here but would not a simple figure of eight or overhand knot suffice?

Tighten with a finger in the loop and pull the knot down hard against the beads with the other hand. Difficult to undo if you pull hard on the loop.

It’s hard to get it right enough, and part of the problem is that under force the beads compress which makes it possible to pull them hard enough to create a 15mm gap which would fail the test