Husqvarna won't start.

Shepherdess

21 minutes ago, Shepherdess said:

I should state that my husband is not an inexperienced idiot! He had worked with various machines and engines all his life and can usually solve most problems himself and is fully aware that he will be unlikely to be able to return this saw now he has been working on it. The question was posted to try to find a solution this problem that had baffled him. He plans to try again today and hopes that he will be able to start the saw and get it working. He thanks anyone who had made constructive suggestions but he had, previously, tried all that had been suggested so is not quite sure rose to try.

I personally wouldn,t do any more to it and send it back,if its a month old it should have been sent straight back whether bought online or not

• Like 1

I can’t see what he could possibly have done to it to make you think he has invalidated the warranty from your description.
I’d still be double/triple checking the fuel mix though personally - it is very unusual to need to alter mix screws on a saw that has been running (particularly a brand new one). If it is a bad fuel mix you will have invalidated the warranty though, and will probably need a new pot and piston...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Shepherdess said:

I should state that my husband is not an inexperienced idiot! He had worked with various machines and engines all his life and can usually solve most problems himself ....

Good to hear, the chainsaw and idiot relationship is not necessarily an enduring one:ohmy:

In fairness that 'idiot' comment was directed at those offering advice (to work on the saw), not your husband. 

Good luck, some feedback might help in due course - it's impossible to say with certainty what the problem is at the minute.

11 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

I can’t see what he could possibly have done to it to make you think he has invalidated the warranty from your description.
I’d still be double/triple checking the fuel mix though personally - it is very unusual to need to alter mix screws on a saw that has been running (particularly a brand new one). If it is a bad fuel mix you will have invalidated the warranty though, and will probably need a new pot and piston...

I suspect he will have invalidated the warranty by adjusting the carburettor screws.

3 minutes ago, Shepherdess said:

I suspect he will have invalidated the warranty by adjusting the carburettor screws.

I doubt it - they wouldn’t be adjustable if owners are forbidden from tweaking them.

As an amateur (and I include myself in that category when it comes to carb adjustment) it is unlikely you will cause lasting damage to a saw within an hour of ‘faffing around’ - most likely issue is you will stop it from running.

Edited by monkeybusiness
  • Like 1