Rogue Traders using my contact details

mattadams

Have had a couple of calls recently asking for quotes in South Yorkshire (not an area I live or work in)

From what I can gather a company are leafleting that area with my business name and mobile phone contact details on. Wondering what I can do about this/where to get some advice. Am worried that this may cause negative posts for us online. Am checking Trading Standards initially to see if they can help but if anyone has dealt with this before this would appreciate to hear there experience. Thank you

36 minutes ago, mattadams said:

Have had a couple of calls recently asking for quotes in South Yorkshire (not an area I live or work in)

From what I can gather a company are leafleting that area with my business name and mobile phone contact details on. Wondering what I can do about this/where to get some advice. Am worried that this may cause negative posts for us online. Am checking Trading Standards initially to see if they can help but if anyone has dealt with this before this would appreciate to hear there experience. Thank you

Can't help, a mate of mine (legit scrap man) is in the same boat, some theiving gypsy bastard is going around pretending he's from my mates company. Scum.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

Can't help, a mate of mine (legit scrap man) is in the same boat, some theiving gypsy bastard is going around pretending he's from my mates company. Scum.

Yep they are the Scum.Friend has some trees to sort out he'd asked them next door(Site)they was doing then jacked price so said no! then came back with lower price got someone to drive up from East Grinstead think it was as guy had had no work then they left him up tree on own he said done enough,they said have to do all or no pay! but my friend stepped in and dealt with it paid him himself it nearly ended up in fisty cuffs! Which wouldn't have been smart on there part at all! (long story)

I said to him when they mucked about if wanted someone to climb i'd find someone on here as rather give the cash to a decent person.