Who's getting bored or it. Now?

eggsarascal

Well, a lot of people seem to be well bored of it this last week. Riots, arson... Big "solidarity" protests in London today. Is it genuine outrage at the police killing of a man in another country (like that doesn't happen 10 times day, somewhere in the world) or is it an excuse to defy the lockdown? I was certain this imposition on our civil rights would end in mass defiance.

• Like 3

Probably a stupid question but,,,,

Do you get high winds out there "in the middle of nowhere"?

The reason I am asking is I can't see what is holding the roof structure to the framework.  I am no engineer but it occurs to me that if there was a strong wind, the roof would act as a massive sail and could be lifted off unless it had tie-down straps.

Apologies I am stating the obvious and I just can't see them on your pic.

A

Edited by Andrew L

1 hour ago, Haironyourchest said:

Well, a lot of people seem to be well bored of it this last week. Riots, arson... Big "solidarity" protests in London today. Is it genuine outrage at the police killing of a man in another country (like that doesn't happen 10 times day, somewhere in the world) or is it an excuse to defy the lockdown? I was certain this imposition on our civil rights would end in mass defiance.

What will cause trouble is the implied threat from Sturgeon to put into law this 5 mile max journey and other recommendations from her absolute control freak government. Bearing in mind Scotland had 1 death today linked to covid19 ?‍♂️It seems like losing that extra element of control this so called crisis has given her is a bitter pill to swallow.  To have to adhere to rules akin to a police state has no place in  any part of the UK. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Peasgood said:

Oh I don't know, I think making "stay alert" compulsory could be beneficial.

Yeah stay alert to civil liberties and freedoms being eroded in the name of looking after the NHS, or as I heard today in some piss poor answer to an even poorer question, to protect the majority of obedient citizens from the actions of a minority. Pure control nothing more ?‍♂️

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Haironyourchest said:

Hot weather(bit early this year mind) an certain sectors of society gotta find some excuse to riot.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Andrew L said:

Probably a stupid question but,,,,

Do you get high winds out there "in the middle of nowhere"?

The reason I am asking is I can't see what is holding the roof structure to the framework.  I am no engineer but it occurs to me that if there was a strong wind, the roof would act as a massive sail and could be lifted off unless it had tie-down straps.

Apologies I am stating the obvious and I just can't see them on your pic.

A

Yr right in a sense.  Good reason to plant a tree shelter belt. But he know what he doing. K

7 hours ago, Johnsond said:

Yeah stay alert to civil liberties and freedoms being eroded in the name of looking after the NHS, or as I heard today in some piss poor answer to an even poorer question, to protect the majority of obedient citizens from the actions of a minority. Pure control nothing more ?‍♂️

But Civil Liberty cuts both ways, yr not entitled to do what you like. Like jumping off a cliff or endangering others. Yr actions in Civil Society enevitably are controlled for many reasons. This is not to say wanton Police violence is the end result,  sadly lil Sturgeon is enjoying a platform at the mo'   ( bit like Blair in times past )  K

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, difflock said:

Hot weather(bit early this year mind) an certain sectors of society gotta find some excuse to riot.

If I wasn't so web unsavvy, I'd upload 3 utube links to the songs that keep popping up in my head at the mo.

Ruts - Babylon's burning (rioting disorder)

XTC - We're only making plans for Nigel (lefty control freakery)

ChumbaWumba - I get knocked down but I get up again (individual resilience)

• Like 2