Debt collection in the current climate .

steve@black

Did work for a firm back in October and finally received payment 3 weeks back after several emails. There excuse was always the person dealing with this has left the company and it must have been missed by mistake. Looked in to them a bit further on company house and found out they had been borrowing huge amounts of money just to keep projects going. It’s a pain in the backside but I’ve learnt to check how companies are standing before doing work for them now. If they aren’t looking great I add more on the job and hopefully they don’t take me up on the offer [emoji106]

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Thesnarlingbadger said:

Did work for a firm back in October and finally received payment 3 weeks back after several emails. There excuse was always the person dealing with this has left the company and it must have been missed by mistake. Looked in to them a bit further on company house and found out they had been borrowing huge amounts of money just to keep projects going. It’s a pain in the backside but I’ve learnt to check how companies are standing before doing work for them now. If they aren’t looking great I add more on the job and hopefully they don’t take me up on the offer emoji106.png

Takes a bout £5 to get a full credit check done on any company and its very detailed.

• Thanks 1

Just do it.Big firms with bad credit marks against can have big problems requiring credit them selves then. I have found the best payer of all are the big house builders like barret and persimmon 

Persimmon are a pain in the arse fir me, alway chasing them.

Persimmon are a pain in the arse fir me, alway chasing them.
Just offer them a 5% reduction if paid by a specific date which is what I did on 2 4k jobs I've just done for them and funny enough paid within 15days [emoji1303]

58 minutes ago, Gray git said:

Just offer them a 5% reduction if paid by a specific date which is what I did on 2 4k jobs I've just done for them and funny enough paid within 15days emoji1303.png

We have tried that in the past. In our case they generally take the discount but still take an age to pay!

11 hours ago, Gray git said:

Just offer them a 5% reduction if paid by a specific date which is what I did on 2 4k jobs I've just done for them and funny enough paid within 15days emoji1303.png

And when they don't pay on time what then? you 5% down and still late, nah fuc that price is what it is and payment on time or I will hound them.

I did that for another firm and it still took me 45 days to get it so lost on both sides.

At point of going over you reinvoice for full amount on a read receipt email stating original invoice is no longer valid and hope. And if they still fuck you around it's payment up front next time as is job I'm currently doing