Debt collection in the current climate .

steve@black

I am still waiting for 500 quid from October.bloody con artist has since been re advertising for cutters probably trying to do the same or similar to others 

Some people are just self intrested cunts which will try it on .

got to be firm and persistent but still professional .

50 minutes ago, Jack.P said:

I am still waiting for 500 quid from October.bloody con artist has since been re advertising for cutters probably trying to do the same or similar to others 

Some people are just self intrested cunts which will try it on .

got to be firm and persistent but still professional .

1) Email and ring con artist and demand payment explaining you're happy to come over pick it up if balance isn't transferred today.
2) Get accountant/solicitor to send them a letter stating balance is due etc.
c) If con artist is blanking you, then consider applying for one of the cutting roles, meeting them onsite and walking away with your £500.00.

Edited by Mark J

Result. Checked out Thomas Higgins website and look ideal for future use . Rang the client and guess what no answer . Sent reminder invoices and made it clear if not paid today would be sent to third party debt recovery along with all other invoices and paid within the hour .
Cheers for the nudge in the right direction arbtalkers

• Like 5

Result. Checked out Thomas Higgins website and look ideal for future use . Rang the client and guess what no answer . Sent reminder invoices and made it clear if not paid today would be sent to third party debt recovery along with all other invoices and paid within the hour .
Cheers for the nudge in the right direction arbtalkers

There’s a really good lady in ivybridge, Ali something? She’s very good. If you have TCD number he can send it to you.
  • Like 1

Or
(I've only done this once,
After being told "I'll pay you when I'm ready". Then do dn't answer her phone fir two weeks.
Called her from the wife's phone and she told me she wouldn't pay until I'd moved the child's swing back in place 18".
Moved swing back.
Still said she'll pay when she's ready to.)
This was mid winter.
About 8pm after a very long day.
So...
Full beam
All beacons on
Windows down
Doors open
In a very quiet posh cul de sac...
I relived some of the best hard acid techno tracks from the nineties at full blast.
I had a rave on the driveway.[emoji16]???
Coincidentally I received a bank transfer in full within 25 minutes.[emoji848]

Playlist available on request.
[emoji106]

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

There are some chancers out there, did a job in Ely a few months back, wanted paying on the day, it came in at 700 quid, stopped at Newmarket on my way home and he hadn't paid me, told him I was on my way back, got paid in 10 minutes.

• Like 2

On 31/05/2020 at 16:09, topchippyles said:

Takes a bout £5 to get a full credit check done on any company and its very detailed.

not really of much use as its its least a year out of date as it relies on the company filing accounts on time. 

It's not like they put there bank acocount online for everyone to see.

5 hours ago, donnk said:

not really of much use as its its least a year out of date as it relies on the company filing accounts on time. 

It's not like they put there bank acocount online for everyone to see.

Wrong there donnk if you go for a more detailed one. Will tell you any CCJ  against the company or directors. Payment defaults on accounts or late payments to suppliers. Cash available in really detailed Credit checks but that is unavailable to the average person and only finance companies.

Prime example around 3 years ago. My mate was one of 4 directors of a welding firm (Hands on) so never got involved in the day to day office side of things, I had heard that the payments to suppliers were getting later and later so mentioned it to him. He did a check and boy were they in trouble with massive overdrafts and ongoing issues. Allowed him to setup another company of his own and when they went tits up 8 months later he was in good shape and ended up taking most of the work over and got himself discharged so no black mark on his new firm.

Edited by topchippyles