Logosol Wood Drying unit.

trigger_andy

18 minutes ago, Mike Dempsey said:

The door is well over engineered and weighs about 100 kilos. Takes me a little time to get it shut properly. Dont know yet how I am going to get rid off it in a year or 2 when I finish up milling. Probably need to use a chainsaw to cut it up and take to the tip!

Surely someone will be happy to buy it of of you?`

hi ,yep somebody will defo buy that box off you when you are done with it ,I was thinking of using that twin wall ploycarb sheets for the walls on mine as I have a load of white ones and a big pile of celotex its just time,I have an Arrowsmith junior kiln unit

• 3 months later...

Hi

New here

We were thinking of getting the Logosol drying unit (WDK) with the tent setup (WDU) to use outside.. My guess is the tent will not be as well insulated as a self built insulated box and that the main drawback with this would be increased energy running cost particularly during the winter. We’re attracted by the lightweight design + not really got the time to build a dedicated box at the moment. Hoping to kiln dry previously air dried lumber at roughly 14% down to roughly 10% for use in furniture construction - mainly oak.. Wondering whether anybody has run one of the logosol units (WDK) with the tent rig (WDU) and if so what there experience has been? Logosol were helpful on the phone but first hand knowledge is always preferable..

Thanks..

Edited by wawmbly
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, wawmbly said:

Hi

New here

We were thinking of getting the Logosol drying unit (WDK) with the tent setup (WDU) to use outside.. My guess is the tent will not be as well insulated as a self built insulated box and that the main drawback with this would be increased energy running cost particularly during the winter. We’re attracted by the lightweight design + not really got the time to build a dedicated box at the moment. Hoping to kiln dry previously air dried lumber at roughly 14% down to roughly 10% for use in furniture construction - mainly oak.. Wondering whether anybody has run one of the logosol units (WDK) with the tent rig (WDU) and if so what there experience has been? Logosol were helpful on the phone but first hand knowledge is always preferable..

Thanks..

Per from Logosol recommended me not getting the WDU as I live in Scotland and we have similar weather to Sweden. Its as you mentioned , during the winter the insulation is just not up to it. But as and when I get the cash I'll still get one. If the winters cold Id just ratchet strap some used Kingspan to the sides and Im sure it would be fine. :D 

.. wrapping the tent in extra insulation.. - exactly my thinking! Apparently it really needs to be outdoors to vent moist air. I had an insulated box type kiln 25 years ago run off an ebac industrial dehumidifier - It worked pretty well but that door sure was heavy to lift and there was certainly no moving the kiln from it's fixed position. I definitely see the advantage of a lightweight setup but accept that the tent structure represents a compromise regarding insulation.

Edited by wawmbly

• 3 years later...

Know this is and and old thread but how have people got on with the tent set up?  

Was starting to research solar kilns and stumbled across the logosol drier kit 

I actually live in Sweden and thinking about starting to dry my milled timber ready for furniture making  which will increase its value - also might be handy for drying out small sacks of firewood - e.g 250ltr - 40ltr sacks

It's not a full time job with milling and logs but a side hustle of the arb business.