Value of used equipment in order to sell

jfc

Hi Folks,

I am thinking of selling my TW160 chipper and struggling to work out a re-sale value. I am thinking of buying a bigger chipper with bounce back loan.

I can't find any for sale on the usual places ebuy, euctree or on any dealer websites.

How do you come up with a sensible price for used equipment privately? I'd rather just sell at fixed price rather than auction site.

Chipper is 3yrs old, dealer serviced and 450hrs. Paid £12.5K new.

What do you do - take off 20-30% for first year then 10% thereafter?

Looking forward to hearing your opinions!

Cheers,

Jan.

You sell it at the price the market allows.

If there was a storm tomorrow and lock down lifted!

its a hot cake!

currently 99% of UK chippers haven’t moved in 3 months.

The true value just now would be Auction price imo.

If you just want it gone then do that, and move on.

If you want best possible price.

Wait it out and sell it for as much as you can.

That’s the realistic view imo.

hours, age and condition obviously play a big part too.

• Like 4

In times like this, items are only worth what the buyer stood in front of you are willing to pay, Dont expect it to be worth its full resale value because it wont be, car dealers are having a hard time at the moment and a guy i do a bit of dog training & fishing with has just bought a fresh car, looked and drove it just before lockdown and nearly did the deal, he rang the guy with car last wk and struck a deal with him at 3.5k below window price, dealer said he had only made £400 out of it,

• Like 2

I think it depends on hours as well as age, and there is also a sort of lower price it doesn't go much below as long as it chips. At least that's my impression of the 150 valuation curve.

I guess the other way is ask for a trade-in price when you get a quote on the new chipper and see if you prefer the low hassle low risk option.

• Like 2

OK, I hadn't considered the fact people aren't buying at present, so it's value may be lower than previously.
Dealer offered £4k part ex. I thought that was very low offer, but maybe not.
I am in rush to sell.
Still don't know what to ask for it.
J.

I’d be looking to get 6.5k absolute minimum, even in the current climate.

I don’t blame them for offering 4K, because they need to make a profit, but that’s crazy low.

Old as the hills 150s are still fetching 4.5k from sellers so a decent low hours one like yours should fetch a good price.

I am aware that it is a less powerful engine than the 150 in case someone points that out.

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 3

I’d be looking to get 6.5k absolute minimum, even in the current climate.

I don’t blame them for offering 4K, because they need to make a profit, but that’s crazy low.
Old as the hills 150s are still fetching 4.5k from sellers so a decent low hours one like yours should fetch a good price.

I am aware that it is a less powerful engine than the 150 in case someone points that out.
Thanks mick,

That was my gut feeling but I couldn't find anything to back it up.

J.