husky 266se any ideas

apvinny

It doesn't really tie in with the symptoms you have, however ,some of the huskys from that era had a habit of choking the muffler with carbon.
We ran 266s for a number of years with very few problems , and worked the guts out of them.

Had one that ran like a dream , it was very reliable..totally faultless and would run like clockwork, the other two must of been Friday afternoon jobs as they where not right from new.

ok i will have to bite the bullet and get a pressure/vacuum tester because i have another 61 and a stihl 171 both have have new carb kits but still bog down when started.thanks for your help hopefully this will pinpoint the problem/s.also it came with a throttle rod that looks off i dunno what,the only place i can find a new one is off the bay from china.

Edited by apvinny

ok so i just had a look at the ms171 while i'm waiting for my vac/pressure tester for the 266.if i put the needle arm level to the floor, then the needle cant move up.the only way the needle can move is if i bend the arm higher which according to the zama website is wrong.

• Sad 1