Pesticide Sprayers

SteveW1000

Not sure whether should go here or landscape and posting on Arbtalk as the Landscape site seems rather quiet.

Looking to buy a sprayer for treating Giant Hogweed.  Have previously been lent a Stihl SG31 and was thinking of buying my own.  I see Cooper & Pegler do a similar model at over twice the price so would I be better in buying the C&P CP5 or 8?  Money is money but will pay the extra if I'm going to be getting a much better bit of kit.  I have obtained two CP15s but they need work and may not be worth repairing and honestly I don't do that much spraying.

7 hours ago, SteveW1000 said:

Not sure whether should go here or landscape and posting on Arbtalk as the Landscape site seems rather quiet.

Looking to buy a sprayer for treating Giant Hogweed.  Have previously been lent a Stihl SG31 and was thinking of buying my own.  I see Cooper & Pegler do a similar model at over twice the price so would I be better in buying the C&P CP5 or 8?  Money is money but will pay the extra if I'm going to be getting a much better bit of kit.  I have obtained two CP15s but they need work and may not be worth repairing and honestly I don't do that much spraying.

I got a cp8 and its great bit of kit,well worth the money,the cheap ones are crap,also got C/P knapsack sprayer,had it years its brilliant

When I did my pesticides course we were told how all sprayers leaked. Cooper Pegler were defintely the recommended brand. A few years later I purchased my own sprayer, for about £20 from ebay if I remember right. I rarely used it, but it never leaked once and worked just fine.

If you're not going to be spraying much i'd personally go with the cheaper option. If I were to buy one now I would probably go with the Stihl purely because I am brand loyal ?

I had a cooper pegler for 5 years, believing it to be the best. Then I tried a mates Berthoud. Night and day in terms of comfort, ergonomics and performance. I would have to say that CP are shite compared to Berthoud. 

WWW.PITCHCARE.COM

The Berthoud Vermorel 2000 is a 16 litre knapsack sprayer featuring a unique contoured back-frame for...

This is what I have. The lance is way less flimsy than the CP, and the comfort levels more than double. The CP equivalent doesn’t even have any padding. 

but by far the most annoying part of he CP (apart from the cost of spares) was that the lid would be stuck tight every time you came to refill. 

• Like 1

Have 2 CP 15 Classics here, not the most comfortable in comparison to Berthoud, but wont change until they break. They are about 15 yrs old. Do about 50-60 days spraying a year and bring in about 35-40K of work.

4 hours ago, htb said:

Have 2 CP 15 Classics here, not the most comfortable in comparison to Berthoud, but wont change until they break. They are about 15 yrs old. Do about 50-60 days spraying a year and bring in about 35-40K of work.

How much !!!!! I’m in the wrong game 

Anyone used Matabi or Osatu sprayers? They look identical, apart from the colours.

WWW.MOWERMAGIC.CO.UK

This is the excellent Osatu Star backpack sprayer featuring a chrome plated brass lance. The advanced design of this simple, highly functional backpack sprayer makes it very light. It has fewer parts due to so many components being built-in. This makes it a highly durable and guaranteed backpack sprayer, and at the same time ensures maximum economy.Three points make these sprayers a real world first:1. A high capacity eccentric pressure chamber with built-in suction tube, making for less effort and less wear on parts while ensuring a highly regular spraying. 2. A simple, highly effective activation handle which can be manually dismantled and has a setting system for continuous spraying. 3. Internal tank reinforcement via ribbing between the walls, making the unit stronger and more deformation-resistant. Package includes pressure regulator, protective mask, measuring jar, 2 spare piston washers, interchangable herbicide nozzles.* Generous 20 litre capacity* Handle for transport * Possibility of incorporating a belt * Reversible * Chrome-plated brass lance * Provided with an interchangeable herbicides nozzle * Fastening device for lever, lance and arm * Parts schematic diagram included * Accessories available separately if required - add £2.00p P&P - please call / email

WWW.AGRIGEM.CO.UK

Mid-range 16 Litre Capacity Knapsack Sprayer

Cheers,

Mark