550xp clutch

gary112

1 minute ago, gary112 said:

396FCE0B-C3DC-4A90-8DF2-B5E39796925F.thumb.jpeg.601f03ce7e27e6e1f4f0ee4b5a41a69d.jpeg0FEAF7D3-9A64-4C3B-B2D0-E29271AF7DF4.thumb.jpeg.830dbf3ad074a3445c3190d1d308b331.jpegbeen using saws for over 30 years and never had a clutch break up like this before,anybody else had it happen?

Once on a 357 . It was second hand from a bloke who insisted  on using the chain brake at every opportunity . The drum walls were thin and the shoes worn down .  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Once on a 357 . It was second hand from a bloke who insisted  on using the chain brake at every opportunity . The drum walls were thin and the shoes worn down .  

This clutch has done a bit of work Stubby but not too much,it also blew its brains at the same time,never had a 550 pop on me,but to be fair its done some work

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Ratman said:

Nope, not had that on any of my ‘Stihl’ chainsaws Gary. emoji4.png

You don,t work em hard enough Andy,bits flew off at a fair pace mate i tell ya,hit me in the chest and got my left hand aswell

• Like 1

Long as no ones hurt Gary [emoji106]
My dads just asked me to drop his canadian maple in his garden, i’ve been dreading him asking me, its rotten as a cabbage and means i’ll have a load of useless crap to get shut of, but on the plus side i get to give the toys a run up! [emoji12]

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ratman said:

Long as no ones hurt Gary emoji106.png
My dads just asked me to drop his canadian maple in his garden, i’ve been dreading him asking me, its rotten as a cabbage and means i’ll have a load of useless crap to get shut of, but on the plus side i get to give the toys a run up! emoji12.png

Keep it safe and everybodys a winner,that 046 i got would do you for that:thumbup1:

• Like 1

Indeed it would [emoji6] i’ll do it with my 026 no bother, dad mullered it about 10yrs ago, i bet it’s not 15’ in height now and limbs start at about 8’ off ground, i can get to everything from standing at that point, shouldnt take too long. Worst thing about it is its all pretty much rotten rubbish, only fit for bonfire so will have to gather it up and take it to farm to get shut [emoji849][emoji849]

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spudulike said:

It doesn't look right to me, I think the drum thingy should be in one piece and that clutch doofer held together with springy things....shall I get my glasses?

Not seen one go like that, cracked but not fragmented like that!

Shit itself good and proper:thumbdown: