Stihl MSA200

AngrySquirrel

But he needs  a stihl filing kit it's about £15 and  the dealer will make a percentage on the sale..

he may have got a 1lt bottle of chain oil free, worth £7, but where does it end, the dealer needs to make something, it’s really down to being local and having a good relationship... for the after sales.. but most switched on guys just look around on interwebs and get it delivered if it’s convenient. 

after all. I just buy 25Lt of oil, and boxes of files, and a few chains at a time, and if I think I need anything else while making an order it gets added,  I just can’t be faffed running out and wasting time going to the local dealer. It’s a bit like always going to the corner shop.. or the supermarket .

but don’t get me wrong, I do get caught short at times and have to pay  the price at the corner shop..

anyhow as angry squirrel says a friend in need is always good if you can help them because it pays off in other way sometimes, they are willing to help you in return ???????

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Wonky said:

But he needs  a stihl filing kit it's about £15 and  the dealer will make a percentage on the sale..

he may have got a 1lt bottle of chain oil free, worth £7, but where does it end, the dealer needs to make something, it’s really down to being local and having a good relationship... for the after sales.. but most switched on guys just look around on interwebs and get it delivered if it’s convenient. 

after all. I just buy 25Lt of oil, and boxes of files, and a few chains at a time, and if I think I need anything else while making an order it gets added,  I just can’t be faffed running out and wasting time going to the local dealer. It’s a bit like always going to the corner shop.. or the supermarket .

but don’t get me wrong, I do get caught short at times and have to pay  the price at the corner shop..

anyhow as angry squirrel says a friend in need is always good if you can help them because it pays off in other way sometimes, they are willing to help you in return ???????

Chain wasnt  that  bad  did two passes  on  each tooth.

He got the Stihl kit &5Litres  of oil.   Asked  him what got etc? Just a spare  chain!  Some  offer  with Saw.

But hes well happy showed  him  angles &how  to File  and  how  regularly plus Rakers&turning file  after awhile on  holder    ,Chain Tension as  was a bit  tight!                                                                                                                                                                         But Hes a Happy as  Larry  no one had told/shown  Him.

Those teeth are tiny!  Saw looks  ok  though.                                                                                                                      And  My  Keyboards  space  bar is broke!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

Edited by AngrySquirrel
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Wonky said:

Yeh the 1/4 are small ?.  Those file do break while using if not careful  

I found the best way to sharpen the 1/4 pm3 was to buy these, cut the shank at 1" past the diamond, stick it in your cordless at a slow speed and use it freehand.....it may spin slightly eccentrically but it gets the job done in jig time.....just need to be careful not to take too much off as there's not much there in the first place?

I changed mine up to the msa 220 spec [ 14" ] 3/8" full chisel 50 DL , sprocket and bar.....£68 all in.....It doesn't need the bigger battery and is altogether much better ??

WWW.EBAY.CO.UK

Description: Diamond file is perfect for fine detail work.It allows precise filing in hard to reach areas on metal, wood, plastic, etc. The files are coated with industrial diamonds to...

• Like 1