Strimmer to clean slabs/paths etc?

Stere

I wonder where all the line worn off ends up

What’s there to wonder about?

All strimmer line ends up lying around the place in little (and big) bits. Every park, verge, garden....it all goes somewhere.
I recently shifted to biodegradable for this reason.

1 hour ago, stewmo said:

What’s there to wonder about?

All strimmer line ends up lying around the place in little (and big) bits. Every park, verge, garden....it all goes somewhere.
I recently shifted to biodegradable for this reason.

I didn't know there was such a thing, I like it though.

Yeah saw thoose metal wire brush ones  anyone tried them?

It should be remembered these are not approved accessories for the strimmer so as with the broggio chain heads are technically banned from use

Whats with banned  non aproved H@S issue gonna fly off and injure??

Same type of  heads fit on drills & angle grinders....

Also considered the bio degradable  line    for general use as mirco plastics is bad etc but its about x4 as expensive per M and got bad reviews

And as all car tyres and loads of other stuff are shedding plastic everywhere where do you draw the line withour becoming a cavemen.

FRIENDSOFTHEEARTH.UK

Vehicle tyres are probably the biggest source of plastic pollution in our rivers and seas, according to a new report...

Edited by Stere

Yeah saw thoose metal wire brush ones  anyone tried them?

It should be remembered these are not approved accessories for the strimmer so as with the broggio chain heads are technically banned from use
Whats with banned  non aproved H@S issue gonna fly off and injure??

Same type of  heads fit on drills & angle grinders....

Also considered the bio degradable  line    for general use as mirco plastics is bad etc but its about x4 as expensive per M and got bad reviews

And as all car tyres and loads of other stuff are shedding plastic everywhere where do you draw the line withour becoming a cavemen.

black-car-tyre.jpg?h=b39c5fef&itok=2dNkabJl FRIENDSOFTHEEARTH.UK
Vehicle tyres are probably the biggest source of plastic pollution in our rivers and seas, according to a new report...  

Yeah it is pricey but I use so little it doesn’t bother me.... and it works well imo.

I also know it is a drop in the ocean as far plastics go but I don’t like it in my garden so I don’t like it other people’s.

Get your point re where do you draw the line but it also works both ways. If we don’t try and reduce the pollution in the world then it will be far worse than it is now. And it’s pretty bad right now!
  • Like 1