Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy t

Seeking genuine advice for a 2.7 grapple make to buy?

Any help would be much appreciated, looking to buy a grapple for moving lengths of timber and larger stone etc when landscaping with a 2.7 ton excavator. wondering whether I should add a rotator too? Is it worth it? But more importantly which grapple would you suggest?

Which makes are ok. Was going for a Kellfri https://www.kellfri.co.uk/brush-grapple-incl-hydraulic-hose-and-bolts

But people have advised me against as they drop to bits. Any one with some real knowledge Id love to hear your thoughts. Thanks 

Intermercato Tiger Grip. Best value/strength/build quality for the money out there IMO.

Now decide if you want a rotator (I’ll help you a bit, the answer is yes you do) and then decide if you want dangle-mount or fixed. If fixed to machine you need to tread carefully with your rotator choice - dangle mount puts far less stress through the rotator (and is subsequently a cheaper option all round). 

565C46B4-55B9-465F-B373-6EAA5ABC79C2.jpeg

BFECA6E4-3511-4D5C-AB70-45F5274E5A11.jpeg

Hi we have a 2.7 tonne digger with a fixed grab on it, the grab is so versitile and has so many uses as compared to a grab with rotator, we move logs, load logs, move brash, rake brash up with it, pull tree stumps out with it, its good for getting the soil of the stumps once removed, and if you have been in a wet area and made a bit of a mess it can be used for tidying that up very well, it has so many other uses as well, as compared to other grabs 

20180918_115514.jpg

20180918_115532 (1).jpg

Grapple is a good tool but a grab with a rotator heavy enough for an axial load so you can use it like a rotating grapple is in a different league. 

if I could only have grapple or a dangle mount rotator, I’d have grapple.