In disparate times, my depravity saved the day.

Mick Dempsey

I saw this on Forst’s FB site, thought it was a bit twee and wholesome, I decided against entering my own version up there, but borrowing from people I’ve known through the years (and a bit of me truth be told a long time ago) I had a crack.

6.30. Get up after a tormented night of sweats and bad dreams, take paracetamol or ibuprofen to counter last nights excesses.

7.30. Try and get some toast down with some tea, watch telly, think about Naga Munchetty and how disgusted she’d be with your lifestyle, you experience brief feelings of remorse.

8.00. Meet at the yard, fresh air and some banter raises the spirits a bit, go to work, stomach kicks in and the prospect of a shit behind a hedge, a Mac-shit or the shame of a garage toilet looms.

12.30 Lunch, more painkillers and some sandwiches.

3.30 Job done, so anyone for a couple of cold ones down the pub? Just to smooth the edges off a bit.

6.00 The rest of the gang have drifted off, leaving you to meet some of your office worker mates who persuade you to stay for a couple more..

8.00 Who should walk in just as you were leaving? None other than Columbian Pete! What luck! you persuade him to give you a gramme on tick, which you hoover up with a little help from some others.

11.30 Pubs closing, suddenly realise the truck is outside, you’ll need it for the morning so you chance it, leave it on the front lawn with the door open all night.

12.00 Brush your teeth and convince yourself you’re not too bad, get into bed.

A516F719-CD3B-4246-9E49-2E52F2F03516.png

Edited by Mick Dempsey
  • Like 7
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I saw this on Forst’s FB site, thought it was a bit twee and wholesome, I decided against entering my own version up there, but borrowing from people I’ve known through the years (and a bit of me truth be told a long time ago) I had a crack.

6.30. Get up after a tormented night of sweats and bad dreams, take paracetamol or ibuprofen to counter last nights excesses.

7.30. Try and get some toast down with some tea, watch telly, think about Naga Munchetty and how disgusted she’d be with your lifestyle, you experience brief feelings of remorse.

8.00. Meet at the yard, fresh air and some banter raises the spirits a bit, go to work, stomach kicks in and the prospect of a shit behind a hedge, a Mac-shit or the shame of a garage toilet looms.

3.30 Job done, so anyone for a couple of cold ones down the pub? Just to smooth the edges off a bit.

6.00 The rest of the gang have drifted off, leaving you to meet some of your office worker mates who persuade you to stay for a couple more..

8.00 Who should walk in just as you were leaving? None other than Columbian Pete! What luck! you persuade him to give you a gramme on tick, which you hoover up with a little help from some others.

11.30 Pubs closing, suddenly realise the truck is outside, you’ll need it for the morning so you chance it, leave it on the front lawn with the door open all night.

A516F719-CD3B-4246-9E49-2E52F2F03516.png

You're obviously a very disturbed young man, Mr Dempsey. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mick Dempsey said:

I may well have been, at 57 this year I’m just pleased to be called young.

You godda take what you can Mick . Got 10 years on you and can't see it happening for me anymore ?

A516F719-CD3B-4246-9E49-2E52F2F03516.thumb.png.453e9e684073829f55943505161a2486.png

You should rename this thread....
In disparate times... my depravity saved the day.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1