Turning old wood from a shed into neat firewood

NS2002---

Just now, NS2002--- said:

18, whats the reason for asking?

Just that its good younger folk are showing an interest in woodcraft. :) Gotta be better than being glued to the Xbox all day! 

If you want PM me your address and I'll send you a new Stihl or Husky Hatchet (which ever you prefer) to get you started. :)

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

Just that its good younger folk are showing an interest in woodcraft. :) Gotta be better than being glued to the Xbox all day! 

If you want PM me your address and I'll send you a new Stihl or Husky Hatchet (which ever you prefer) to get you started. :)

Sorry to jump in on your thread....but that's made my day....in the current climate, seeing someone offering a gift to a complete stranger is really refreshing ?

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, trigger_andy said:

I appreciate the offer so much! thank you! 

I don't feel too comfortable just giving away my address like that though ☹️ As an alternative, could I message you from time to time to pick your brain on tips questions queries etc? 

• Like 1

Just now, NS2002--- said:

I appreciate the offer so much! thank you! 

I don't feel too comfortable just giving away my address like that though ☹️ As an alternative, could I message you from time to time to pick your brain on tips questions queries etc? 

No worries, the offer stands. :) Maybe when you feel more comfortable you can PM it over.

I dont have much brains to pick mind. :D But ask away, there is plenty folk here who'll happily offer help too. :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, trigger_andy said:

No worries, the offer stands. :) Maybe when you feel more comfortable you can PM it over.

I dont have much brains to pick mind. :D But ask away, there is plenty folk here who'll happily offer help too. :) 

Thank you! 

Where about in the world are you Ns2002. 

If you were close I’d be more than happy for you to come on site and collect some timber to use. 

Nothing  is worse than burning wood with paint. You only need to read the latest government restrictions coming into place next year to do with wood burners. 

Id be more than happy to show you how to process timber ready for burning. 

i think  you will get more satisfaction from doing this than cutting up an old shed. 

You seem keen to learn, ring some local arb guys and see what timber they have kicking about. I’d be happy for you to have a truck load of timber for an hours help. I’d also show you how to split and stack. Plus you can keep some bits for a project or two.

i hope this helps 

simon 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gardiners Tree Surgery said:

Where about in the world are you Ns2002. 

If you were close I’d be more than happy for you to come on site and collect some timber to use. 

Nothing  is worse than burning wood with paint. You only need to read the latest government restrictions coming into place next year to do with wood burners. 

Id be more than happy to show you how to process timber ready for burning. 

i think  you will get more satisfaction from doing this than cutting up an old shed. 

You seem keen to learn, ring some local arb guys and see what timber they have kicking about. I’d be happy for you to have a truck load of timber for an hours help. I’d also show you how to split and stack. Plus you can keep some bits for a project or two.

i hope this helps 

simon 

That is so kind! I'm from Lincolnshire in East Midlands England. I'm not too sure how far that is from your site but i would be more than willing to learn and grow my skill set, even if it involves travelling some distance for unpaid labour. 

10 minutes ago, Gardiners Tree Surgery said:

I’m in Gloucestershire, bit of a jaunt but send me a message once lock down is over and we could sort something. 

In the mean time keep using arb talk, you will learn so much on hear. Keep reading the books and ask for advise , people will always help in the world of arb. 

Oh okay yeah that's a bit far, around a 2-3hour drive. But for sure I will message you once lockdown is over! Thank you! 

Edited by NS2002---

7 hours ago, NS2002--- said:

Oh okay yeah that's a bit far, around a 2-3hour drive. But for sure I will message you once lockdown is over! Thank you! 

Take trigger_andy up on his offer, I'm sure you'd give your address away to someone from eBay or the like. And get out of bed ya lazy bugger, it's gone seven.

• Like 1