Temp? Coming off ebay

Rob D

9 hours ago, HuntingHicap said:

Rob your website is excellent. I've been perving at the new cannon superlight 36" bar on there, but the £250 is ?

Thanks - hold onto your £ for now as we may do a 48 hour flash sale [one off before the dealers are selling these]. It'll be as a thread on arbtalk in the next 7-10 days.

Just now, openspaceman said:

I see, so that gives the big two a form of monopoly and that is what the monopolies commission was formed for, it has since morphed in a few steps to the Competition and Markets Authority and a case should be put to them.

Yep - even to take card payments is hard.... but to store card details and then get that to work well with your website is a lot of work and more fees. Hence when you buy off most websites unless they are a good sized company ie. I dunno I'd say around £10 million a year + you will always put in card  details.

I'm not saying it's impossible - but it requires outlay and a lot of form filling as well as higher processing fees to do it. Plus you need to have it securely and smoothly integrated into your site.

Yep it could be a case for the Competition and Markets Authority - but who has time and energy to do this...

Yep - even to take card payments is hard.... but to store card details and then get that to work well with your website is a lot of work and more fees. Hence when you buy off most websites unless they are a good sized company ie. I dunno I'd say around £10 million a year + you will always put in card  details.

I'm not saying it's impossible - but it requires outlay and a lot of form filling as well as higher processing fees to do it. Plus you need to have it securely and smoothly integrated into your site.

Yep it could be a case for the Competition and Markets Authority - but who has time and energy to do this...

Could you do a members club for regulars?
And store payment details that way?
(Obviously I'm guessing)
[emoji106]

14 hours ago, Rob D said:

We are pulling our items off the ebay shop

I Don't blame you.... every one likes a bargain but too often now when you search for an item all you get is the same crap tools painted with different colours and branded differently.... I find that there's very few sellers of quality equipment, tools etc. that try to sell this way as there is no way that they can compete in a market place where the majority of buyers are dumb clucks who just want the cheapest shit and can't tell wheat from chaff,

All the best, Iv'e never had any such shit from yourself, quality is the key and cheers to you for providing the service ?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

Could you do a members club for regulars?
And store payment details that way?
(Obviously I'm guessing)
emoji106.png

There is so much red tape and paperwork so that you can legally store card details. If you do it you need to have all sorts of systems in place for how you take them/how they are stored/who has access to them/security measures/process should card details be stolen/how long before they are destroyed - the list goes on... This is why a company like Paypal has done so well as they simplify the process of at least standard taking payments.

6 hours ago, Macpherson said:

I Don't blame you.... every one likes a bargain but too often now when you search for an item all you get is the same crap tools painted with different colours and branded differently.... I find that there's very few sellers of quality equipment, tools etc. that try to sell this way as there is no way that they can compete in a market place where the majority of buyers are dumb clucks who just want the cheapest shit and can't tell wheat from chaff,

All the best, Iv'e never had any such shit from yourself, quality is the key and cheers to you for providing the service ?

Cheers - we do offer budget options but if feedback is it's cheap and crap we discontinue it.

As an add on to this - we sold a 28" GB bar and x2 ripping chains to someone on ebay - he used them then e-mailed to say he didn't feel the 560XP should be driving a 28" bar and he wanted me to print a return postage label so he could return the bar and chains for a full refund.

I said no - he should not have used them if he felt too large for the saw. [If he had returned them unused we would have refunded].

He contacted ebay who upheld his case he had been sold defective goods even though there was positive feedback for the same item from other buyers who had bought for the same saw same purposes. Ebay auto refunded...

So he kept the bar and chains, got refunded and left negative feedback [I am not allowed to leave negative feedback for him]... and to add insult to injury I got this message today. Smug git!

image.png.afdf3e372df2fdb6962c59ab6c986e24.png