Dead saws.. what are they worth?

benedmonds

2 hours ago, spuddog0507 said:

Oh my God i need a 084 088 or a 090 if it involves admiring glances from sex starved housewives !!!!!!!!

If you going to have one make it a big one I always think of these saws as a substitute for a small cock!

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, dumper said:

If you going to have one make it a big one I always think of these saws as a substitute for a small cock!

Why you thinking of small cocks ? Yep but i think you could be right on that one , I know a few lads who come working with us and they turn up with a 661 with a 36" bar or a 500i with 30" bar, to do some thinnings on some 25-30 yr old timber when a 261 with 16" bar will do the job in hand, i have got more saws than i need but slowly getting rid of a few and i will just end up with 3 261 461 and a 660 that i bought about 5 yrs ago and it wont of had 25ltrs of furl through it yet,

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, spuddog0507 said:

Why you thinking of small cocks ? Yep but i think you could be right on that one , I know a few lads who come working with us and they turn up with a 661 with a 36" bar or a 500i with 30" bar, to do some thinnings on some 25-30 yr old timber when a 261 with 16" bar will do the job in hand, i have got more saws than i need but slowly getting rid of a few and i will just end up with 3 261 461 and a 660 that i bought about 5 yrs ago and it wont of had 25ltrs of furl through it yet,

I’m sorry but a man can never have too many saws. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bmp01 said:

Interested in seeing what makes a 150t tick - '3x150t in bits' if you think I can build 1 saw from them.

I have no idea, I have never used any of them, I imagine similar faults/breakages..

We have stopped buying them as although they are well liked by the climbers they do not hold up the abuse that employees subject them too.. I expect they would last considerably better when used by someone who paid for them..

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, benedmonds said:

I have no idea, I have never used any of them, I imagine similar faults/breakages..

We have stopped buying them as although they are well liked by the climbers they do not hold up the abuse that employees subject them too.. I expect they would last considerably better when used by someone who paid for them..

Interesting, what do they use mostly now?

• Like 1