Oak prices

Alderley logs

7 minutes ago, Alderley logs said:

It’s British, been down for about 4years air dried and standing I guess IMG_1110.jpgIMG_1111.jpg

As it is? In that pile? And all the knarly stuff? Id pay £30-50 a ton. Its hard to see if there is a single straight length over 1m there? 

And its certainly not air dried, will be 40% MC when you start cutting into it. 

Edited by trigger_andy
  • Like 1

Just now, Alderley logs said:

Right ok, the whole pile and all the knarly stuff. Someone is interested in buying it and snatched my hand off at £40 per ft3, was thinking I didn’t charge enough, by the sounds of what your saying its to much.

Take it and run to the bank! :D 

Maybe the pics dont do what you have there justice, but I pay £100 a ton for Milling Grade Logs. A Haulier had a bunch for me at £125 a ton. What you (seem) to have there is not worth more to me that £50 a ton and I say £50 as I get it for £30 a ton. 

You're getting £40 for 25kg? Thats simply mad for a Bunch of Logs? Have you already been paid? 

Thats  £160 for 100kg. £1600 a ton???? Are you sure you have your figures right? Or have I? :D Ive had a few Whiskies now. ;) 

Im paying 10 pence a kilo. :D  £2.50 for 25kg, or 1f3 of Green Oak. 

Edited by trigger_andy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, gdh said:

Has there been a misunderstanding somewhere? I would think £40 a cubic metre would be more accurate.

That would make a lot more sense. 

One x  m3 of Oak is about 750kg. For that I'd pay £75 if it was Milling Grade. So £40 a cube for that gnarly stuff sounds about right.