Jump to content
Squaredy

Lockdown - has it totally failed?

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, Youngstu said:

Most Muslims go to a mosque for religious purposes.

The football lads alliance, Tommy Robinson's supporters went to these demonstrations for a scrap (and to get pissed up with other right wing thugs. Some undoubtedly went to peacefully defend the already covered statues from people that had said they weren't coming anymore, but they probably weren't getting tanked up, fighting with the police or pissing where they shouldn't.

Unfortunately as soon as it was announced that "proud, patriotic Englishmen" we're going to protect the statues, it was inevitable that this would happen. 

Oddly, i didnt see the ad calling for ' Proud heavy drinking fat blokes from Southend with poor parenting skills and no bladder control ( and who would shit themselves at the first mortar bomb on a real battlefield) to protect inanimate objects with names they cannot spell'........ Tho i have stopped reading the Daily Sport,  K

Edited by Khriss
( still bit deaf in left ear from the 105mm in 2006 tho')
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Oddly, i didnt see the ad calling for ' Proud heavy drinking fat blokes from Southend with poor parenting skills and no bladder control ( and who would shit themselves at the first mortar bomb on a real battlefield) to protect inanimate objects with names they cannot spell'........ Tho i have stopped reading the Daily Sport,  K

I expect the Walter Mitty Hunting Club could have found a few candidates down there.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mark J said:

Unfortunately the British flag has been hijacked by nazis. Which is a shame, as tarnishing everyone who like flags or religion as a nazi, terrorist or a nonce isn't fair.

You think this is a pointless back and forward debate. They were doing nazi salutes. If you're really proud of our flag you should be taking it off the fascists, not giving it to them.

 

Mark seriously bud don’t ever presume to tell me what I should be doing or how I should conduct myself ok. As in all cases the actions of a minority tarnishes the majority. You judged everyone by the actions of a few. 
Did you ever serve in or attempt to join HM forces ?. That’s a genuine question by the way as I’m still trying to work out where all this angst for anything British or even slightly right of centre etc comes from. They were not all doing the salute you mention, they are all not fascists are they, just as all the previous weekend’s culprits were not too blame etc etc etc. You are probs one of the most extreme on here in regards views and politics Mark, but ive yet to attempt to label you in any way shape or form, something you often do at the slightest opportunity. 
 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Khriss said:

Oddly, i didnt see the ad calling for ' Proud heavy drinking fat blokes from Southend with poor parenting skills and no bladder control ( and who would shit themselves at the first mortar bomb on a real battlefield) to protect inanimate objects with names they cannot spell'........ Tho i have stopped reading the Daily Sport,  K

Andrew Banks is from Stanstead, do I think he should have been jailed... no, do I think he's a t**t... yes. There is something wrong with the judiciary when someone gets 14 days for peeing next to a memorial when on the very same day the same magistrate gave someone else a suspended sentence for a serious assault. Just my opinion.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Andrew Banks is from Stanstead, do I think he should have been jailed... no, do I think he's a t**t... yes. There is something wrong with the judiciary when someone gets 14 days for peeing next to a memorial when on the very same day the same magistrate gave someone else a suspended sentence for a serious assault. Just my opinion.

You’re not wrong - they should both be jailed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

You’re not wrong - they should both be jailed. 

I'm not so sure, I'm not defending Banks but most if not all of us have taken a pee in the street, (he's still a t**t in my eyes), not so many of us have committed a serious assault. Some perspective is needed by the courts, not making an example of some fool because they are thick as a brick.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I'm not so sure, I'm not defending Banks but most if not all of us have taken a pee in the street, (he's still a t**t in my eyes), not so many of us have committed a serious assault. Some perspective is needed by the courts, not making an example of some fool because they are thick as a brick.

He’s a brainless thug and locking him up to make an example of his actions is the right thing to do imo.

Why the serious assault didn’t receive a custodial sentence is the problem, not the firmness shown to Banks. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

He’s a brainless thug and locking him up to make an example of his actions is the right thing to do imo.

Why the serious assault didn’t receive a custodial sentence is the problem, not the firmness shown to Banks. 

Fair enough, and next to that memorial wasn't the brightest thing to do, but jail?, he wasn't exactly waving his wanga about, inciting public decency?

 

I can only guess that the assault case was a first offence defended by a good brief, never been in trouble before, good job, young family, give him a chance. I'm sure you know where I'm coming from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Fair enough, and next to that memorial wasn't the brightest thing to do, but jail?, he wasn't exactly waving his wanga about, inciting public decency?

 

I can only guess that the assault case was a first offence defended by a good brief, never been in trouble before, good job, young family, give him a chance. I'm sure you know where I'm coming from.

There are also two sides to a story, and there are many reasons one person might assault another. 
There aren’t many ways to justify publicly slashing on a memorial though.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

There are also two sides to a story, and there are many reasons one person might assault another. 
There aren’t many ways to justify publicly slashing on a memorial though.

There is no way to defend having a waz on a memorial for sure . Thing is , because he is a total drongo , he probably had no idea there was a memorial there . After all he had no idea what statues  he was " defending " or who/what they represented .

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Featured Adverts

  • Tip site reviews

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.