Lockdown - has it totally failed?

Squaredy

22 hours ago, Youngstu said:

Most Muslims go to a mosque for religious purposes.

The football lads alliance, Tommy Robinson's supporters went to these demonstrations for a scrap (and to get pissed up with other right wing thugs. Some undoubtedly went to peacefully defend the already covered statues from people that had said they weren't coming anymore, but they probably weren't getting tanked up, fighting with the police or pissing where they shouldn't.

Unfortunately as soon as it was announced that "proud, patriotic Englishmen" we're going to protect the statues, it was inevitable that this would happen. 

Oddly, i didnt see the ad calling for ' Proud heavy drinking fat blokes from Southend with poor parenting skills and no bladder control ( and who would shit themselves at the first mortar bomb on a real battlefield) to protect inanimate objects with names they cannot spell'........ Tho i have stopped reading the Daily Sport,  K

Edited by Khriss
( still bit deaf in left ear from the 105mm in 2006 tho')
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Khriss said:

Oddly, i didnt see the ad calling for ' Proud heavy drinking fat blokes from Southend with poor parenting skills and no bladder control ( and who would shit themselves at the first mortar bomb on a real battlefield) to protect inanimate objects with names they cannot spell'........ Tho i have stopped reading the Daily Sport,  K

I expect the Walter Mitty Hunting Club could have found a few candidates down there.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mark J said:

Unfortunately the British flag has been hijacked by nazis. Which is a shame, as tarnishing everyone who like flags or religion as a nazi, terrorist or a nonce isn't fair.

You think this is a pointless back and forward debate. They were doing nazi salutes. If you're really proud of our flag you should be taking it off the fascists, not giving it to them.

Mark seriously bud don’t ever presume to tell me what I should be doing or how I should conduct myself ok. As in all cases the actions of a minority tarnishes the majority. You judged everyone by the actions of a few. 
Did you ever serve in or attempt to join HM forces ?. That’s a genuine question by the way as I’m still trying to work out where all this angst for anything British or even slightly right of centre etc comes from. They were not all doing the salute you mention, they are all not fascists are they, just as all the previous weekend’s culprits were not too blame etc etc etc. You are probs one of the most extreme on here in regards views and politics Mark, but ive yet to attempt to label you in any way shape or form, something you often do at the slightest opportunity. 

Edited by Johnsond
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Khriss said:

Andrew Banks is from Stanstead, do I think he should have been jailed... no, do I think he's a t**t... yes. There is something wrong with the judiciary when someone gets 14 days for peeing next to a memorial when on the very same day the same magistrate gave someone else a suspended sentence for a serious assault. Just my opinion.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Andrew Banks is from Stanstead, do I think he should have been jailed... no, do I think he's a t**t... yes. There is something wrong with the judiciary when someone gets 14 days for peeing next to a memorial when on the very same day the same magistrate gave someone else a suspended sentence for a serious assault. Just my opinion.

You’re not wrong - they should both be jailed. 

19 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

You’re not wrong - they should both be jailed. 

I'm not so sure, I'm not defending Banks but most if not all of us have taken a pee in the street, (he's still a t**t in my eyes), not so many of us have committed a serious assault. Some perspective is needed by the courts, not making an example of some fool because they are thick as a brick.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

I'm not so sure, I'm not defending Banks but most if not all of us have taken a pee in the street, (he's still a t**t in my eyes), not so many of us have committed a serious assault. Some perspective is needed by the courts, not making an example of some fool because they are thick as a brick.

He’s a brainless thug and locking him up to make an example of his actions is the right thing to do imo.

Why the serious assault didn’t receive a custodial sentence is the problem, not the firmness shown to Banks. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

He’s a brainless thug and locking him up to make an example of his actions is the right thing to do imo.

Why the serious assault didn’t receive a custodial sentence is the problem, not the firmness shown to Banks. 

Fair enough, and next to that memorial wasn't the brightest thing to do, but jail?, he wasn't exactly waving his wanga about, inciting public decency?

I can only guess that the assault case was a first offence defended by a good brief, never been in trouble before, good job, young family, give him a chance. I'm sure you know where I'm coming from.

3 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

Fair enough, and next to that memorial wasn't the brightest thing to do, but jail?, he wasn't exactly waving his wanga about, inciting public decency?

I can only guess that the assault case was a first offence defended by a good brief, never been in trouble before, good job, young family, give him a chance. I'm sure you know where I'm coming from.

There are also two sides to a story, and there are many reasons one person might assault another. 
There aren’t many ways to justify publicly slashing on a memorial though.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, monkeybusiness said:

There are also two sides to a story, and there are many reasons one person might assault another. 
There aren’t many ways to justify publicly slashing on a memorial though.

There is no way to defend having a waz on a memorial for sure . Thing is , because he is a total drongo , he probably had no idea there was a memorial there . After all he had no idea what statues  he was " defending " or who/what they represented .

Edited by Stubby
  • Like 2