Lockdown - has it totally failed?

Squaredy

1 hour ago, Mark J said:

image.thumb.png.e221ad38004c7b9720902953dcf1d0bd.png

Yes, the Communist State of China does have the blood of thousands on it's hands, possibly millions by the time this is over. This is China's Chernobyl, and just like the Communist Soviet Union's attempt at covering up that disaster we're witnessing the same thing with the Communist Party of China and SARS2. What's China's priority right now? you really are as thick as mince Mark. 

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Beijing escalates rhetoric as it is accused of using coronavirus as cover to ‘turn screws’

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, timbernut said:

Maybe because they know the Chinese state is lying about the numbers?

Agreed, the Chinese numbers are known beyond doubt to be completely fabricated and no longer worth giving China the satisfaction of including them. Its a small slap in the face for them, and we need to issue a lot more of those.

• Like 1

Genuine question for those that think that Dominic should be sacked......
Do you feel as strongly about the Irish PM Leo Varadkar joining a group of friends in a park for a picnic?
The way I see it...
One guy made a judgement call concerning his families wellbeing,(If that was the case)
The other guy set a very visible example for no other reason than wanting to enjoy some leisure time.
I think Varadkar deserves much stronger criticism, nothing to do with politics.

8 hours ago, tree-fancier123 said:

Not just spewing out drivel for something to do..........

Has been notable on here, of late. ...K

Edited by Khriss
( at least I make my drivel entertaining ? )
  • Like 1

I reckon the Cummings fiasco and him not resigning/admitting a mistake will has big knock on affect on other peoples behaviour may well make some people say f**k it to lockdown and go against current guidance.

So blood on his hands may be not too far fetched. People are influenced by what they see as acceptable.

Maybe something for behavioural scientists in the goverment "nudge" group to  ponder as it sends a strong message to the british public.

WWW.BI.TEAM

We generate and apply behavioural insights to inform policy, improve public services, and deliver positive results for...

My Dog ate the homework lvl of lying about driving to a castle too test his eyes shows hes justs doesn't give a shit.

If he had made an apology even if its mealy mouthed rather than brazen it out people would be more simpathetic

Buck stops with Boris really on his response.

Edited by Stere
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, TIMON said:

Genuine question for those that think that Dominic should be sacked......
Do you feel as strongly about the Irish PM Leo Varadkar joining a group of friends in a park for a picnic?
The way I see it...
One guy made a judgement call concerning his families wellbeing,(If that was the case)
The other guy set a very visible example for no other reason than wanting to enjoy some leisure time.
I think Varadkar deserves much stronger criticism, nothing to do with politics.

They're both examples of very poor leadership. 

I think the UK media is jumping on the Dominic Cummings thing a bit hard, there are more important things happening in the country/world. However he was obviously in contravention of his own governments very clear guidelines. Many have been fined/cautioned for much less.

So I guess the media circus around it is disproportionate to his actions, but without it we would be brazenly allowing a two tier system of sorts. 

We'd only have to hang one politician and the rest would have much better behaviour...

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Stubby said:

What if he put his hands up and paid the fine ( whatever it is ) like other people have had to do ?

That would be admitting he's done something 'wrong'. Which would likely lead to his mandatory resignation. Like the scientist who had his lover over during lockdown.

• Like 3