Lockdown - has it totally failed?

Squaredy

1 hour ago, Squaredy said:

It is really not difficult to use a telephoto lens and make a beech that may be a mile or two long look crowded.  OK we can see there are lots of people on the beech, but does that mean they are not social distancing?  It would be interesting to see drone footage from above to show how far apart those people really are.  

It is worth remembering the internet is full of twisted stories and click bait.  I think a beech is a perfect place to visit in lockdown, and as long as you respect people's personal space and don't start breaking the rules the risks are probably much less than shopping at Tesco.

My family would love to spend a day at a beech, and living in South Wales we are quite near to many enormous beaches, but we aren't allowed to.  Apparently it is safer to walk along local roads with no pavements, or cycle with two young kids on narrow lanes.

FFS man, I agree with a lot you say, and am not a grammar nazi, but PLEASE! stop this beech beach beetch stuff?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, MattyF said:

Bollocks Dave , you have not seen that foot path , metre wide for most of it and 200 + people from town coming in and using it sweating there bollox and rubbing past people is hardly social distancing , not great for the environment folk pissing and crapping in hedges with no facilities open , not good to have these people then go in to shops that people in the community are using to survive to get a drink of water after there walk... then there are dick heads coming in to keilder wild camping and having fires ... we have had no rain for months so that’s hardly a great idea, but that’s ok it’s there right , fuck every one else and let the whole lot burn hey ... then I’ve got people walking through my yard with there dogs off leads which offends me after loosing ten sheep to inconsiderate town dwelling idiots who think that’s except-able... then they are going through our gates which we have to open and my partner being a carer has to isolate for her clients so has to double think about what she is touching constantly as so does any one else in this house hold, as I really don’t want the deaths of vulnerable people on my conscious.
But fuck it hey as long as they are not bored...
I will say it one more time , if people could actually do as they where asked in the first place we would not of had lock down... now we have all lost out just so people can continue there jolly boys outings putting others at risk.

get off my land.jpg

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HuntingHicap said:

FFS man, I agree with a lot you say, and am not a grammar nazi, but PLEASE! stop this beech beach beetch stuff?

Oh dear that is embarrassing, I have corrected my beeches to beaches.  I did wonder what Big J's post meant!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, eggsarascal said:

I lost interest in this thread pages ago but as Dominic Cummins been caught with his pants down?

Seems like they are all as bad as each other. The Police, the Politicians, all at it all over the country. They should face heavy repercussions for telling us what to do and not following it themselves. 

19 hours ago, Mike Hill said:

How many are going to die waiting for operations?Chemo,suicide,domestic violence etc?

The death toll in NZ from the common flu is 500 per annum.

What Magic Cindy did was the financial equivalent of Chernobyl for the New Zealand economy. She is after the lowest death toll from Covid so it makes her look good on the world stage.The surge of deaths in the months/ years after won't be reported by the lefty media, especially in the wake of the hand out they received.

Anyhow,I chose to leave New Zealand to actually make money doing treework.Making decent coin in the aftermath of the current government's "loan-a-rama" is going to be a distant memory.

You poor thing, you couldnt make money in NZ. Thats a moving and tragic story.

We will trade our way out of the extra debt, just like we have had to do after 2 world wars, a few depressions and muldoon. We dont all run away just because times look a little tough. 

Edited by Timbermcpherson
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Timbermcpherson said:

We will trade our way out of the extra debt, just like we have had to do after 2 world wars, a few depressions and muldoon. We dont all run away just because times look a little tough. 

You forgot Foot and Mouth !

46 minutes ago, Timbermcpherson said:

I drove past you working last time I was in Dunners.

Your kit was the same as I used when I left in 99.

Except it wasn't 20 years old then and everyone earned more,fuel was half the price and competition non existent in South Otago.

Good luck with Cindy's new utopia,when Aunty Hellen makes a slot for her at the UN ,Cindy will have the keys to China on the way out the door.

Change my mind.

1 hour ago, Mike Hill said:

I drove past you working last time I was in Dunners.

Your kit was the same as I used when I left in 99.

Except it wasn't 20 years old then and everyone earned more,fuel was half the price and competition non existent in South Otago.

Good luck with Cindy's new utopia,when Aunty Hellen makes a slot for her at the UN ,Cindy will have the keys to China on the way out the door.

Change my mind.

Ah so miguided and angry.

I have never worked in Dunedin, but I did buy a brand new truck this year.

With the lockdown here mostly lifted, we have 11 weeks work booked up. We are still doing social distancing in public and we are not completely out of the woods, but overall people I come across are very positive.

• Like 3

I have just been out driving around Newport to get a few bits for my elderly mum, and to be honest it looks like lockdown has ended.  I saw lots of social distancing going on, but I think even here in Wales it looks like most people have given up on the "Stay at Home" message.

Hardly surprising when garden centres, fishing venues, golf courses, KFC and Burger king and so on are all open.  

It is just a weird situation when we all know we are legally not allowed to drive around to places, yet most people clearly are.

I think they need to give up on lockdown and simply ensure social distancing.   Otherwise we risk having a load of rules that no-one respects or cares about, and they will lose all control then.