Lockdown - has it totally failed?

Squaredy

5 minutes ago, otter said:

All been a total waste of time. 

Government Could of just given every one 100 grand in the country each and not done any lockdown at all.

Would of been cheaper 

Like to have seen you having to intubate covid patients as your mortgage depended on it. The frontline staff have shown real bravery and would almost certainly have been swamped without the lockdown.

The one they called the super spreader Steve gave it to loads of people when he went to the pub after his skiing hols.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tree-fancier123 said:

Like to have seen you having to intubate covid patients as your mortgage depended on it. The frontline staff have shown real bravery and would almost certainly have been swamped without the lockdown.

The one they called the super spreader Steve gave it to loads of people when he went to the pub after his skiing hols.

The frontline staff did what they are paid to do and did it very well. The mass media stoked adulation inc the Thursday night thing is possibly a bit ott but that’s just my opinion.  Problem now is that especially in the devolved parliaments how to deal with this has become a political game. The NHS is not in need of protecting anymore, the stay at home in Scotland message is a total joke when you look at the figures and what is actually happening in real time outside around the country. There is no bloody lockdown and never was. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Rich Rule said:

Boris and Chris said it themselves last week.  Just check out their Paliamentary address from the 11th May.  I posted the vid a few pages back.

Just watched that thanks. Let's hope they are right although it looks like there is a new strain of virus in China that they seem worried about. 

No doubt this lockdown is the last thing any government would want, the fact they did it and will do it again seems to suggest covid 19 is and will be for a reasonable amount of time a very real threat.

A local man, retired doctor, requested me to put up a post box for him, a week into the lockdown. I rocked up, found the box and started. He came out and stood right next to me. Now, this was during the "Everybody will DIE!" stage of general hysteria. So, I asked him: "You're not worried about the virus then?" He just smiled and said, "Oh, no."

We have two friends who nurses. Neither one social distances around people they know, who are not worried.

There are three kinds of people who social distance:

1. Those who do it out of respect to strangers or people they know who they know or suspect are worried. This type does not social distance with people of the same type, even in public.

2. People who are actually worried, or "cautious".

3 People who are not worried but do it out of obedience to authority and/or percieved social pressure. Type 3 are more dangerous to free societies than the virus.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mesterh said:

Just watched that thanks. Let's hope they are right although it looks like there is a new strain of virus in China that they seem worried about. 

No doubt this lockdown is the last thing any government would want, the fact they did it and will do it again seems to suggest the media is and will be for a reasonable amount of time a very real threat.

Fixed that for you....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mesterh said:

I can well believe that too, although I don't think the Sun are calling the shots on how the county is ran.

Main stream media, the BBC being one of the worse, are putting ridiculous pressure on those trying to deal with the situation, looking to find fault with everything they do. These tossers are totally unelected and unaccountable, but seem to be in many ways calling the shots!

• Like 2