Help needed! 064 adding a 36 inch bar

5 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

Hmmmmm
It'll run a 36" bar full compliment full chisel all day. Even milling.
Solid Saw.
But the av is crap.

Really?  OK; I'll bow to superior knowledge.  Mine's fine on 30", I just wouldn't want to try bigger.

5 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

This is all wrong.

The 064 takes a 3003 mount.
The 3005 is domestic small saws.
You've probably got a 3002 mount on that bar. So it's the wrong one.
3002 is for 880.
The first four numbers on the 11 digit serial code

Thanks, you are correct and my earlier post was full of shit. 3003 mount is what the op is after...  Not 3005 as I stated, 3002 is large mount and 3001 is the nla 070/090 mount

• Like 2

I don’t know if you have ran that sprockets and chain combo,,, but you could well have fooked the chain and sprocket, just read that thread old chains new bars thread,  

don’t worry your not alone,,, other have been before you, and the classic is std 3/8 sprocket and a lopro 3/8 chain they are the same pitch but not the same and don’t mesh together properly..

anyway hope you work it all out soon.??

• Like 2

Thanks, you are correct and my earlier post was full of shit. 3003 mount is what the op is after...  Not 3005 as I stated, 3002 is large mount and 3001 is the nla 070/090 mount

Nearly...[emoji6][emoji106]
The 070 and the 090 both use 3002 mounts.

18 hours ago, The Shooting Fish said:

B2883110-99D7-4E99-9AC3-F4901D0F5CEF.thumb.jpeg.d9a23088a7b5bda79fb3792a68ad1e7c.jpegThanks all. I’ll check tomorrow and measure the mounts. I’ve always just searched on this site. Thanks for all the help and assistance I’ll contact Rob tomorrow. Cheers for the help. 

9FD4D762-9946-4138-B690-AC7B1D771349.jpeg

1FD4FDC9-601B-435F-A366-7760F1B7869D.jpeg

Ouch - that there looks like a .404 chain sitting uncomfortably on a 3/8 drive rim  - really hoping you have not run this yet as because the two things are not compatible - the rim will burr the chain and the chain will tear the bar and the whole thing will quickly heat up..

You MUST change that rim to a .404 rim

WWW.CHAINSAWBARS.CO.UK

22270 Oregon .404 Rim 7-7 tooth

Doesn't have to be bought from us...

And by the way - I did and still do make mistakes like the above when I know better! So no shame in learning... can I use the above pic in my vids [no names mentioned?]

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rough Hewn said:

Nearly...emoji6.pngemoji106.png
The 070 and the 090 both use 3002 mounts.

I think that the 3002 and 3001 are often now combined in the 3002 mount [don't quote me on that] ie. the 3002 mount is also the 3001 mount. Like the GB HS bars are combined 3001 and 3002 mount and you can fit to mid sized Stihl saws.

• Like 1