Nissan Cabstar

Nathan Davies

Also would like views on this truck always run daily’s, and looking to get a Cabstar as going off on my own when I look at the history on mot’s always corrosion and headlights lamp issues.

1 hour ago, Lm20 said:

Also would like views on this truck always run daily’s, and looking to get a Cabstar as going off on my own when I look at the history on mot’s always corrosion and headlights lamp issues.

I have one, have always had them. My only gripe with this one is lack of power,  it a remap will sort that out. They are no longer made, but some dealers have stock left.

It's a good truck , reliable and really nice to drive. Lsd stops it getting stuck, easy hill start, heated seats, heated mirrors. Shame dealers round me are useless

I need to think about what to buy when this is five years old. Thinking about the iveco.

• Like 1

Ok mine is a older one but i will run it till it drops to bits, had it eleven years now and been the best truck i have had by a country mile, pulls like a train, carrys weight well , cheaper to insure than a transit, not bad on fuel, very easy to manover in tight spaces, only bad points i could say about mine is, it is not a truck to be travelling long distances in, as its not very comfortable, but ok 20/30.40 mile each way its liveable with, i have moved one hell of a lot of timber with my Cabstar and Ifor trailer,

new phon photos (1) (114).jpg

new phon photos (1) (110).jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’ve got 3, they are pretty good. Parts are expensive, we seem to go through pads/disks quickly, and the cabs rust (under the arches and the back of the cab seem very prone). They are nowhere near as good a tow vehicle as a Daily, you will be disappointed with the power after running Ivecos. They also get hot in the cab as you are sat above the engine - get ac if you have the choice.

Double cabs are a nightmare to do any major engine work on too by the way - single cabs are a piece of cake though. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Nathan Davies said:

Might look into an Iveco.

I changed my truck five years ago and opted for the Iveco Daily. The biggest deciding factor was the fact it is built on a c section chassis, rather than tinny box section, so corrosion is less of a worry. Also spent a whole day waxoyling the chassis and cab. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nathan Davies said:

My older Iveco I've got at the moment is a 3 litre which pulls great. Would you stay away from the 2.3 litre version?

Mine is the 2.3 146 bhp version. Pulls like a train, just first and reverse are too high geared for hill starts when loaded. 

• Like 1