Will this tree survive.

Richardrabbit

Hello all, I had a major shed fire three months ago. What are the chances of this tree surviving or will it become diseased and die. About a third of the leaves have come out but there’s already green mould under the peeling bark. It will be harder to access for removal once the new structure is roofed. Thanks in anticipation Rich

9EAEFDEB-197F-48DF-9AD4-F51BFF134D9B.jpeg

7D4245B2-8277-41E3-B02B-F4B1C54A473E.jpeg

E329C3BD-CBC7-4AEA-B754-1FAF5EE3E6F3.jpeg

Not a chance,,,the sooner you get it done the easier it will be and it will be  cheaper. Ie you could have more choice who does it.  If you leave it longer more people will walk a way and it will cost a lot more because you will have less choices..

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Wonky said:

Expect the guy cutting it to swear and complain a lot about chains keep  going blunt??

After the fires in 76 the problem was air filters were letting char dust through and the bores were getting damaged. The solution was to use womens' tights material over the filter coated in the oil motocross bikes used in their air filters.

I never bothered as the pulp mill rejected the first load because of char contamination.

On 16/05/2020 at 22:53, Wonky said:

Expect the guy cutting it to swear and complain a lot about chains keep  going blunt??

To be honest I'd be slagging the client off under my breathe for having the fence and structure rebuilt before thinking about whether or not to have a severely fire damaged tree removed first; during or after the rebuild!

In the first instance it might have been fellable in a oner or a just a few big hits. Now its got to be climbed and probably rigged off, and the whole time the climber and ground crew having to work in and breathe in the charcoal & its dust. Ending up filthy black and breathing in a potential carcinogenic material for longer than would have been necessary at the get go, would pee me off a lot more than a blunt chain!