Homeowner | Tree Risk-Benefit Management Strategy (it's free!)

Acer ventura

Blimey it’s been years since I did my qtra training, you were bitching between each other then, nowt much has change in the intervening years then. May be it would be better if you all got together and had a few beers and a nice chat about it all, in reality it’s not really worth getting so wound up is it? There’s a lot more pressing issues to worry about in these trying times. Peace and love gentlemen.[emoji481][emoji173]️

As ever if you want to see the true Mr Evans all you have to do is question him.

In saying -

" if a Homeowner downloads VALID's Homeowner's Tree RIsk-Benefit Management Strategy, or an Arborist does, and uses is, then in the extraordinarily unlikely case of claim being made, the Claimant will also be looking at whether a claim can be made against VALID CIC as well. "

the question remains unanswered, all it is saying is that someone relying on the Strategy, free or not, would consider claiming against VALID. Of course they would. It's not saying VALID accepts, or would accept, responsibility for deficiencies in the Strategy. And CIC stands for Community Interest Company, so there might be no assets against which to sue. Mr Evans, is the only Director.

I'd suggest that anyone using the Strategy, or anyone else's for free, should appreciate they have to take legal responsibility for it. So make your own minds (or Strategies) up.

52 minutes ago, daltontrees said:

the question remains unanswered...

When you were frothing at the mouth and trolling me from the peanut gallery about this on the UKTC last year, the way I replied then was to say, replace VALID with the QTRA (where your self-interests lie) in your question.  You wilfully ignored it then, and continue to do so. Replace VALID CIC’s ‘strategies’ with QTRA Ltd’s ‘risk thresholds’, and your increasingly desperate and hypocritical efforts at bad-mouthing VALID's approach to tree risk, compared to the one you’ve invested in (QTRA) becomes again, all too transparent.

Edited by Acer ventura

or, alternatively, if you don't like forms and you're a homeowner and you'd like to know if your tree is safe, why not get a few no obligation quotes off some tree businesses? ? They'll visit, assess your tree with you and give you free advice. Always get more than one and never tell the second what the first said

On 26/05/2020 at 21:18, Jcarbor said:

Blimey it’s been years since I did my qtra training, you were bitching between each other then, nowt much has change in the intervening years then. May be it would be better if you all got together and had a few beers and a nice chat about it all, in reality it’s not really worth getting so wound up is it? There’s a lot more pressing issues to worry about in these trying times. Peace and love gentlemen.emoji481.pngemoji173.png

Hi Jcarbor

I appreciate the sentiment.  Though, funnily enough, back then Julian was 'bitching' about QTRA on a Q&A thread I ran on here, when I was part of QTRA!  He's now a self-appointed QTRA Brownshirt 'bitching' about VALID because I thought things could be done so much better and moved on to put VALID together in 2016, just as he joined QTRA.  His unhinged Pepe le Pew pursuit of me across social media, no matter my approach to tree risk, makes me wonder whether it's because he's secretly got the hots for me and is wrestling with some deep repressed denial.

Cheers

Edited by Acer ventura

16 minutes ago, Sutton said:

or, alternatively, if you don't like forms and you're a homeowner and you'd like to know if your tree is safe, why not get a few no obligation quotes off some tree businesses? ? They'll visit, assess your tree with you and give you free advice. Always get more than one and never tell the second what the first said

Your average tree contractor may not know about patterns of decay of all the different fungi, for example, some do, some don't. So trying to get free advice as part of a quote visit isn't always going to give you a definitive answer. The tree guys on here know their stuff when it comes to work positioning and machinery maintenance, but you often see contractors asking 'what fungi is this?' The best thing a tree owner can do is not let humans or valuable infrastructure near it ever, then the tree can safely manage itself until death.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daltontrees said:

As I recall QTRA doesn't recommend a strategy for duty holders. You do.

Wow!

You’re either being deliberately obtuse or alarmingly ignorant about what those QTRA 'Advisory Risk Thresholds' mean.

If the latter.  Then, as someone who was one of the main QTRA trainers for 10 years, and drove its development to v5.0, I’d strongly advise, at the very least, you familiarise yourself with the QTRA User Manual.  It might also be worthwhile considering some update training.