When woodlands are similar to the fishing industry

52 minutes ago, nepia said:

You do talk funny:  squidgers, landbanking... I get now that the first are squizzles (I didn't know the term either) but what's the second?

Supermarkets/Housing developers are famous for it. Buying land and then doing nothing with it, just waiting for the value to go up. So a forestry plantation after 2nd/3rd thinning will increase in value nicely after a time if you sold it then - depending on markets of course

1 hour ago, Stubby said:

If I remember rightly the OP got the hump and fucked off never to be seen again not realizing what he had typed or getting the joke .

You remember right - the illiterate peeve pants - made the whole thing even more hilarious ? 

Edited by Tilio-acerion
  • Haha 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

•  

• Featured Adverts

About

Arbtalk.co.uk is a hub for the arboriculture industry in the UK.  
If you're just starting out and you need business, equipment, tech or training support you're in the right place.  If you've done it, made it, got a van load of oily t-shirts and have decided to give something back by sharing your knowledge or wisdom,  then you're welcome too.
If you would like to contribute to making this industry more effective and safe then welcome.
Just like a living tree, it'll always be a work in progress.
Please have a look around, sign up, share and contribute the best you have.

See you inside.

The Arbtalk Team

Follow us

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.