3phase

gobbypunk

So as you all know I have a 3 phase thicknesser and no 3 phase I now have some cash to buy a 3 phase generator or converter,so I would rather give a fellow arbtalker my cash than anybody from flea bay so do any of you have a 3 phase generator or converter you don’t need any more 

Thanks Mark 

7 hours ago, gobbypunk said:

Hi something around 15 kva would be cool as then I would have extra power in case I get more 3 phase kit like an extraction unit 

Cheers Mark 

I use a 15 kva converter in my workshop mark.What size motor is on the planer ??

2 hours ago, gobbypunk said:

Hi the motor is 8hp but I want some extra power in whatever I get as I am planning on getting a nice surface planer and an extraction unit

Your gonna need something around 25 HP to get that thicknesser running. Works on 3 times the startup load.

Edited by topchippyles

And as converters go 25kVA is a beast, not that common and if you do find one I bet it will be pricey. Plus that is roughly 100A which is BIG for a single phase supply.

This has got a 30 kVA genny required written all over it and they are fairly common.

• Like 2

Transwave 30 hp Rotary Phase Converter

Zoom

TRANSWAVE 30 HP ROTARY PHASE CONVERTER

22kw / 30hp Rotary phase convertor - Max Single motor load 15kW/20.0hp

Our TRANSWAVE single to three phase converter provides an artificial means by which a 3 phase motor can be operated from a single-phase supply thereby offering a cost-effective solution to this dilemma. In most instances, no modification to the machine is necessary.
The Rotary Converter is particularly suited to the multi-motor, multi-operator environment. Multi-motor applications can be accommodated up to the maximum loading of the converter provided that the specified maximum single motor load is not exceeded.
The Rotary Converter is often operated in conjunction with machine tools, however it is also suitable for applications where equipment has a heavy starting load or is subjected to an abnormal surge current. Vehicle Hoists, Compressors, Pumps and Extractor Fans fall into this latter category. It should be noted that converters are designed for applications with a cyclic duty. Please seek advice for continuous duty applications.
  • Download Adobe PDF Icon
Excl. VAT: £2,645.00Incl. VAT: £3,174.00
I have the 15 HP £2000
Edited by topchippyles

21 minutes ago, gobbypunk said:

Looks like a generator is going to be the way to go 

Have you seen the thicknesser running ,Its only the startup load you need the power for,When the machine is running she is using  8 HP max 

Convert horsepower (HP) to kilovolt-amps (kVA) by entering the power, motor efficiency, and power factor below.
Equivalent Horsepower and kVA Ratings.
HP kVA
7 HP 6.53 kVA
8 HP 7.46 kVA
9 HP 8.39 kVA
10 HP 9.33 kVA
Edited by topchippyles