Delivering vented bags

rutlandpoultry

I do, have done for about 8 years,  I use 1cu m bags,  these stretch when filled so I sell them as 1.2 cu.m.   After a few trips out they just fit a 5 foot wide trailer,  

I use IFW trailers  ( 10 x 5 box van and an 8x5 general duty trailer, box van is best, tail gate is stronger and longer.  Pulled behind Landrover (tacho needed as max train weight is over 5 tonnes, tachos start at 3.5t as you are delivering your own goods for profit).

Load them with a telehandler on a 48x40 pallet,  on site reverse up to customers garage, drop tailgate and roll them off with a pump truck,  wheel them into customer garage, leave the whole lot there untill you bring another one.     Ladies love it as no logs to handle,  but I find I only get about 40% of the bags back for one reason or another,  and UV light kills the bags if left outside by the customer over the summer.  Can only get 2 bags on the bigger trailer,  2 on the small one is a real squeeze,  one of the pallets has to be a Euro.

Am slowly finding I am selling more KD logs in stacked crates imported from the Baltic, I can get 3 crates on the 10 foot trailer plus the pump truck, so well over twice the sales value as they take less room but make for more quantity as they are stacked. 

A

Edited by Alycidon
  • Like 1