Booze

lux

I’m not fussed on a lot of the craft lager or IPA. They seem to make them very ‘floral’ which makes it ok for a pint but not a session beer. ..... oh wait maybe that’s the answer to reduce my consumption rate [emoji23]
If it’s a real beer I find it’s hard to beat Doombar or Tim Taylor’s ‘landlord’ is another good one but more often than not it’s a cold lager that hits the spot.

Landlord is definitely good, I also like a bottle of Greene King Abbot Ale every now and again. Not tried the Beartown IPA, which is ironic as the brewery is only about 5 miles from where I grew up.

In general I am drinking less during lockdown - in normal life I tried to have a rule only to drink at home on a Friday or Saturday, but would be sociable with a drink in the week if out to watch footy or staying away overnight with work.

Seeing as footy and work travel are both off, weekday drinking is too - replaces from time to time with alcohol-free wheat beer from Lidl!

20 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

I like Elvis Juice, but it gets sickly IMO. Not a great session beer, needs alternating with others I find.

do what i did, order 1 box of everything on their website. the cider is not too shabby, their 'guiness' is like getting pissed on nutella.

Thornbridge jaipur

Lacons encore

Greenjack mahseer

st Austell proper job

and bath ales wild hare

these are my go to selection always got some of each in the shed. 

Anyone heard of the Hillhouse beer fest up in happisbrough Norfolk its a quality weekend. 135+ beers ciders and Perry’s ?