Which little saw?

SimpleSimon

Hi folks, 

I've been asked to quote a couple of hedgelaying jobs for later in the year. If I get any of the jobs I'll probably use it as a good excuse to buy myself a small, light saw to add to the lineup. 

Which is the one to go for?

I struggle to discern the real diffences between Stihl 170/171/180/181? Not keen on the tool-less chain adjuster and distinct "B&Q" look that some of them have, and not really very keen on the single bar nut either. The 170 is almost cheap enough not to even worry about... 

Any others to look at? 

1 hour ago, SimpleSimon said:

Hi folks, 

I've been asked to quote a couple of hedgelaying jobs for later in the year. If I get any of the jobs I'll probably use it as a good excuse to buy myself a small, light saw to add to the lineup. 

Which is the one to go for?

I struggle to discern the real diffences between Stihl 170/171/180/181? Not keen on the tool-less chain adjuster and distinct "B&Q" look that some of them have, and not really very keen on the single bar nut either. The 170 is almost cheap enough not to even worry about... 

Any others to look at? 

Husky 435 great little saw for hedging,its what i use,just over £200(ex vat),value for money

Edited by gary112
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Go battery. The smallest Stihl one will be fine. You’ll umm and ahh about the charging and inconvenience until you use the thing. Six seconds is about all most people need to decide they need one.

• Like 2

Battery all day I have the Einhell 36v which is excellent, keep it in the pickup and always using it. Wickes have offer on for free battery and charger but if you have any battery power tools already look at that make. Battery saw so much better than petrol on hedge work.

• Like 1