Siteing a vent spinner in a wee van.

drinksloe

Alright

Finally got my wee van ( bipper with mesh bulkhead) on the road, but the fumes on the way home tonite were murder.

Plus a long travel home.

Going to have to put a vent spinner in roof.

Does it matter where u site it on the roof?

I'm I best putting it dead centre or do I really want it at far rear corner so sucking fumes away from front seats?

Only ever put them in pick up canopies before so never put a lot off thought into siteing them

Cheers

Probably doesn't make much difference, but from the flettner website:

Where on my van roof is the best place to fit a Flettner vent?

There is a growing trend among commercial vehicle manufacturers to use thinner, lighter, high tensile steel for their body sections in order to reduce costs and improve fuel economy. To ensure trouble free operation and to avoid roof resonance it is therefore recommended that:

• First of all you select the most appropriate ventilator for your vehicle/application.
  • The Flettner ventilator should be fitted to the strongest section of the roof. Typically, this is in close proximity to a roof support strut and/or just before the metal profile curves down towards the drainage channel or corner
  • The Flettner ventilator should be fitted towards the rear of the vehicle
  • The Flettner ventilator should not be fitted centrally on an unsupported steel roof section

No petrol fumes off either saws or combi cans.

As it happens that is the least off my worries with that can.

Ended up chauffer driven home on the back off an AA wagon at 1.30am this morning ( left at 5.45) 

Never mind a spinner is a bloody match it will be getting ( or a new engine) 

Think turbo died and threw shrapnel into engine/oil pump.

• Sad 1

Aye must off had a spill or leaky cap combined with the warm weather and van sitting in sun all day.

Van was fall of saws and 3 combi cans as new job and hadnae a clue wot I was cutting ( big or small stuff) just knew felling for skyline.

Ok morning as usually leave back doors open overnight.

Using 5- 7 litres most days the now, rates are tight enough using petrol. The extra cost would soon mount up.

Just off to saw shop now to pick some parts up will mibbee price some aspen

But being a tight jock think I know he answer:001_smile: