Micro bull experiences?

osku

9 hours ago, AHPP said:

How did you find the controls?

Painful. Arse about face but that apparently is easy enough to change. I could only be smooth with it standing behind it, but I'm sure I'd get used to it. And I'm sure every other pedestrian loader is the same- you never see any video on youtube where the operator looks even slightly in control.

7 hours ago, Dave Alviti said:

I'm open with every enquiry we have that they are not for everyone, If someone comes to me and says they do a lot of site clearance and big stuff then this isn't the machine for them. This is much more aimed at the domestic market where your trying to mechanise your day to day tree work to make life easier. A common comment is that some days it'll only do 20 minutes on site but knock hours off the job.  The fact that it'll fit on a trailer with a tracked chipper (10x5) or in the bed of a truck/pickup is a big plus for lots of guys as well. It is the smallest tracked machine available - Which comes with positives but obviously means it then has it's limitations.

Part of the reason we like to do a week long demo to make sure it's what the customer wants, We charge £400 for this (plus VAT) this covers the delivery and collection (this costs us £90 each way) So we're only really covering costs - This is fully refunded if a purchase is made, but ensures the customer is making the right choice for there business 

Even for domestic work, I personally would prefer a micro digger and grab. But it sure beats labour.

The concept is good, but for me the tracks make too much mess for domestic jobs. I've got demos coming up of three different wheeled machines soon, as I'll do anything to save manpower! To my mind, you're never going to lift much with it, but on the flip side these things thrive on repetetive short cycles. Trouble is, a few cycles of the Micro Bull and the job is trashed. I'd sooner sit with a micro digger and rotate to load logs rather than spin around tearing the arse out the job. Maybe wheels will be the answer, but then I'm spoilt for machine choices anyhow! So I think I want the lightest little loader I can get, and a set of turf tyres plus narrow wheels for when the access is tight (which when you want to get a loader in is normally a groundworks job anyhow, so a bit of mess is OK) And just live with the little payload, but do more cycles making less mess. I mean, if I can fit it in I'll have the Multione in there anyway.

For a small tree gang, it looked versatile, and anything like this will always be 'the cheapest man on the job'. Although I have my reservations as to how much use things like the stump grinder actually would be (?) and I bet they aren't cheap. Was impresssed with how well designed things like the mini log grapple were.

To be fair even wheeled machines your going to need track Mats for any serious amount of material movement. Especially when turning/ spinning involved.

We sell the giant machines and have a worky quad we brought for a 6 we hire job we couldn't spare our giant for, so have a good understanding of what's available. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, doobin said:

Painful. Arse about face but that apparently is easy enough to change. I could only be smooth with it standing behind it, but I'm sure I'd get used to it. And I'm sure every other pedestrian loader is the same- you never see any video on youtube where the operator looks even slightly in control.

Even for domestic work, I personally would prefer a micro digger and grab. But it sure beats labour.

The concept is good, but for me the tracks make too much mess for domestic jobs. I've got demos coming up of three different wheeled machines soon, as I'll do anything to save manpower! To my mind, you're never going to lift much with it, but on the flip side these things thrive on repetetive short cycles. Trouble is, a few cycles of the Micro Bull and the job is trashed. I'd sooner sit with a micro digger and rotate to load logs rather than spin around tearing the arse out the job. Maybe wheels will be the answer, but then I'm spoilt for machine choices anyhow! So I think I want the lightest little loader I can get, and a set of turf tyres plus narrow wheels for when the access is tight (which when you want to get a loader in is normally a groundworks job anyhow, so a bit of mess is OK) And just live with the little payload, but do more cycles making less mess. I mean, if I can fit it in I'll have the Multione in there anyway.

For a small tree gang, it looked versatile, and anything like this will always be 'the cheapest man on the job'. Although I have my reservations as to how much use things like the stump grinder actually would be (?) and I bet they aren't cheap. Was impresssed with how well designed things like the mini log grapple were.

To add the other view loaders carry far more than a digger and faster,hay making across site makes a mess and contaminates tracking a digger across a lawn cuts it up very quickly in the wet

small skid steers make almost the same mess as tracks and far more when they get stuck and grass tyres in the wet just sit and spin 

diggers are easy to hire loaders more difficult to find I share your opinion of the stump grinder 

really if your going down the machine route to replace labour you need options,diggers loaders and dumpers both wheeled and tracked with multiple attachments, I keep saying this to the Mrs she refuses to believe me

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, dumper said:

To add the other view loaders carry far more than a digger and faster,hay making across site makes a mess and contaminates tracking a digger across a lawn cuts it up very quickly in the wet

small skid steers make almost the same mess as tracks and far more when they get stuck and grass tyres in the wet just sit and spin 

diggers are easy to hire loaders more difficult to find I share your opinion of the stump grinder 

really if your going down the machine route to replace labour you need options,diggers loaders and dumpers both wheeled and tracked with multiple attachments, I keep saying this to the Mrs she refuses to believe me

You need a better Mrs 🤣

I just need a pedestrian loader to complete the set! I've got two tractors, two forklifts, a Multione, three diggers, muck truck,  high tip tracked dumper, 2t tracked dumper and 3t wheeled.

46 minutes ago, Dave Alviti said:

To be fair even wheeled machines your going to need track Mats for any serious amount of material movement. Especially when turning/ spinning involved.

We sell the giant machines and have a worky quad we brought for a 6 we hire job we couldn't spare our giant for, so have a good understanding of what's available. 

Giant and worky quad are two of what I will be demoing. Might the cast be for sale? Looking for SQ11.

36 minutes ago, doobin said:

You need a better Mrs 🤣

I just need a pedestrian loader to complete the set! I've got two tractors, two forklifts, a Multione, three diggers, muck truck,  high tip tracked dumper, 2t tracked dumper and 3t wheeled.

Dream list👍👍😅

6 minutes ago, william127 said:

Dream list👍👍😅

The mad thing is I spent 10 years as an arb wishing I had access to even half the kit we offer. It was a TW150 and alot of sweat! now we've got it all available and I don't do the job anymore! Couldn't even hire a tracked chipper near me 10 years ago, now we can offer tracked and wheeled loaders, stump grinders, chippers, tracked mewps, Robocuts, alpine tractors, compact timber trailers, digger and grab or flail... 

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, doobin said:

You need a better Mrs 🤣

I keep telling myself just that, however without her financial abilities I’d have been broke before I started

Also you don’t have the set you are missing tracked and wheeled chipper, tracked compact tractor and a bulldozer everyone should have a bulldozer god knows what you’d do with it but it sure looks good in the yard!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, dumper said:

I keep telling myself just that, however without her financial abilities I’d have been broke before I started

Also you don’t have the set you are missing tracked and wheeled chipper, tracked compact tractor and a bulldozer everyone should have a bulldozer god knows what you’d do with it but it sure looks good in the yard!

I have a pto chipper plus a wee chipper.  Love the look of a tracked tractor but they are absolutely no use to me!