Micro bull experiences?

osku

What sized engined machines are folk using? there 18hp or the 23hp? The lighter weight of the smaller machine is very appealing but obviously it is at a cost to power.

Any known distributers in Scandinavia? 

In Finland I buy one of these straight from manufacturer
  • Like 1

Has anyone had need to change the pump connection clutch on 23hp? I need to do this in 190h. Rubber spacer between motor and pump connection just disappeared and after that it was just metal parts against each other and that lasted about 30 seconds. After that it doesn't do anything and need to winch out of the client backyard. Repairing was about 6 hours work and parts cost about 25e on local hydraulic service. Seller told me that this specific clutch assembly is suitable for 15hp engines...so I guess that this is going to be basic service for the machine. Has anyone else needed to do this?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, osku said:

Has anyone had need to change the pump connection clutch on 23hp? I need to do this in 190h. Rubber spacer between motor and pump connection just disappeared and after that it was just metal parts against each other and that lasted about 30 seconds. After that it doesn't do anything and need to winch out of the client backyard. Repairing was about 6 hours work and parts cost about 25e on local hydraulic service. Seller told me that this specific clutch assembly is suitable for 15hp engines...so I guess that this is going to be basic service for the machine. Has anyone else needed to do this?

Well that’s a bit shit isn’t it! 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Had a play on one of these on a job recently. It wouldn't be for me, but if it looks like it would suit your line of work then I can report that that are incredibly solidly built little machines.

How did you find the controls?

2 hours ago, doobin said:

Had a play on one of these on a job recently. It wouldn't be for me, but if it looks like it would suit your line of work then I can report that that are incredibly solidly built little machines.

I'm open with every enquiry we have that they are not for everyone, If someone comes to me and says they do a lot of site clearance and big stuff then this isn't the machine for them. This is much more aimed at the domestic market where your trying to mechanise your day to day tree work to make life easier. A common comment is that some days it'll only do 20 minutes on site but knock hours off the job.  The fact that it'll fit on a trailer with a tracked chipper (10x5) or in the bed of a truck/pickup is a big plus for lots of guys as well. It is the smallest tracked machine available - Which comes with positives but obviously means it then has it's limitations.

Part of the reason we like to do a week long demo to make sure it's what the customer wants, We charge £400 for this (plus VAT) this covers the delivery and collection (this costs us £90 each way) So we're only really covering costs - This is fully refunded if a purchase is made, but ensures the customer is making the right choice for there business 

• Like 9