Machine for soft ground

AK Contracting

11 hours ago, NJA said:

Yanmar do tracked machines the AC-16, AC-18 etc and i think Iseki do one, should be able to run that size flail and they're operated with steering wheel so easy to drive, there is a couple of places that have second hand ones at good money maybe try googling or ebay etc?

Spares for these are like rocking horse poo,none have a ce cert or reverse drive 

On 12/05/2020 at 08:55, NJA said:

Yanmar do tracked machines the AC-16, AC-18 etc and i think Iseki do one, should be able to run that size flail and they're operated with steering wheel so easy to drive, there is a couple of places that have second hand ones at good money maybe try googling or ebay etc?

Have u seen these things??!

I went do to an auction to buy 1, looked ideal and exactly wot I was after.

How wrong was I wot heaps of sh*the ( and not the condition, was tidy enough) absolutely tiny only 18hp so doubt would power much with the PTO.

Also the hydraulic hoses where absolutely tiny, ur talking 10mm like micro bore heating pipes.

Dunno if an issue but all the writing in bloody Chinese or something, it's a right bloody mission figuring out wot does wot, I got it gong moving and linkage up but that's my limit.

They do look ideal for wot u want but makes sure u see it 1st, definitely wasn't wot I was after

PS I think some of those tiny tractors the PTO turns oppisate way.

I ended up buying an Argo, and while handy esp for getting a few bodies out to soft ackward jobs. As not really legal to sit 2 or more on a quad.

A similar option is a Scot track, similar to Argos but metal body and hydraulic driven, have to admit not seen 1 in flesh yet. Thinking I"LL possibly upgrade to 1 in future. Because hydraulics don't have the steering/brake issue and can power other stuff of them.

21 hours ago, drinksloe said:

A similar option is a Scot track, similar to Argos but metal body and hydraulic driven, have to admit not seen 1 in flesh yet. Thinking I"LL possibly upgrade to 1 in future. Because hydraulics don't have the steering/brake issue and can power other stuff of them.

I had a Scot track, was useless tracks fell off all the time, it's still has drive chains like an argo, but that are really difficult to get to. I'd get yourself a small snow groomer and adapt it. It's what everyone in Europe does...when it comes to working on wet land I trust the Dutch....

• Like 1

Was a piston bully auctioned the last year was fairly cheap, problem is u can't road tow them, f that is an issue.

I know Tree clear adapted 1, cost a bit to adapt as a lot of vulnerable bits low down like radiators etc, think there 1 is 500hp liked a beast off a machine althou sat broken down the whole time I was on that site.

Good to know MM.

I knew they were chain driven like Argos but thought the hydraulic drive motors would be a better system than the Argos brake steering setup.

Just thought the steel body and tailgate would be handier than Argos storage

WWW.MASCUS.CO.UK

Leitner LH360 for sale - France - Engine output: 110 kW (150 hp), Transport...

I keep looking at this machine and thinking I need it...but I've run out of room in the barn if memory serves correct these come in at just over 2t but if you loose a bunch of the extra metal work they suddenly weigh a whole lot less

If you're interested in one I got mine from Henk de Haan in the Netherlands he's an all round good egg

10 minutes ago, Marsh Monkey said:
WWW.MASCUS.CO.UK

Leitner LH360 for sale - France - Engine output: 110 kW (150 hp), Transport...

I keep looking at this machine and thinking I need it...but I've run out of room in the barn if memory serves correct these come in at just over 2t but if you loose a bunch of the extra metal work they suddenly weigh a whole lot less

If you're interested in one I got mine from Henk de Haan in the Netherlands he's an all round good egg

No PTO's though, though I suppose hydraulic drive is an option?