market for used stump grinder teeth?

7 hours ago, Thesnarlingbadger said:

Any suggestions or advice welcome.

I've never used multi tip but the boss has a crate full of the simple teeth from a Dosko, I've always fancied the idea of making a small PTO mulcher with them to plane out ruts on overgrown paths.

One of the advantages of a big machine with 400hp behind it was it didn't matter if some teeth were blunt so you just kept an eye out for once the TCT had worn off and swapped them out.

Great stuff thanks for the replies people.

To be honest I make enough from the stump grinding to pay for the teeth and soon upped my hourly rate when I realised it was going to be costly.

I will try and get round to sharpening them but I never seem to get them as sharp as I would get a chain on a saw sharp and instead of them going through a few stumps when new the resharpens ones seem to dull off a lot quicker, more then likely my half-assed sharpening.

Stump grinding has always been a pet hate of mine but is a necessary evil for running a business and I am aware of the fact that I have won more jobs because of it. I just need to remember to keep some headphones in the truck when I go out doing it to listen to a podcast or some music helping the day along a little.

I've only got a 360 as I never wanted to get anything too big as I know I would end out doing it more and non of the lads want to go out with the grinder so its plonker here who does it all. I may have to start sending others out once in a while to save my sanity.

Thanks for the tips and advise I think I'll stick to the multitip teeth as they do chew through stumps really well when new and maybe set aside a bit of time to sharpen the ones I can and see if I can get a bit of drink money for the ones that have to be scrapped.

Maybelateron that is a lovely looking bit of kit you have knocked up