Stihl battery mower experience

HDAV

3 hours ago, Stere said:

Have you looked at ego heard they are suppose to be  decent?

WWW.CHEAPMOWERS.COM

EGO Power+ LM1701ESP Cordless Lawnmower The EGO LM1701ESP 56v cordless self propelled lawn mower has a...

I hadn’t and partly the reason for question as the traditional big names are possibly not the best option for this newer tech. Just be jase you make a great 2/4 stroke machines doesn’t mean you make great DC machines. Warranty is a concern but almost impossible at the moment to get hand on and even look at a machine let alone try walking with it etc as FIL won’t be able to out in public for many months.

Edited by HDAV

So looks like self propelled battery is expensive.....especially variable speed any advice on these 2 Cobra units?

£180 difference between them ? but still a little cheaper that closest battery only option (Husqvarna which is over £500 and equivalent to the £300 Cobra) £200 buys quite a lot of petrol and oil and even probably a couple of annual services? 

At the moment no requirement for sharing battery to other tools, any experience for light domestic use of the cobras linked too and the especially the cobra engine?

1 minute ago, Steve Bullman said:

I would say though the stihls are pretty easy to push around, not like a heavy petrol mower 

The only concern with the stihl is it single speed and am concerned with operators ability to keep up the cobras above and husky are variable speed, which i think may be key to success in this specific application (and not normally a consideration)

If you going petrol can recommend the mountfield honda engine one

:

WWW.MOUNTFIELDLAWNMOWERS.CO.UK

SP53H 51cm Petrol Self Propelled Lawnmower with Honda engine

Honda seem to make better engines than B & S and engine is upgraded from older honda the one I have:

HONDANEWS.COM

Honda GCV170 Engine - Specifications

Self propelled speed is slow and only 1 speed though only bad thing really.

1 hour ago, Stere said:

Not sure what the own brand engines will be like in the cobra maybe abit of a  gamble?

I was a tad wary too, so I got a little push mower with a Briggs and Stratton on it. Some of the smaller Cobra engines don't have a throttle, merely a set engine speed. That's another reason why I went for one with a Briggs on. My father has a Honda self propelled, and using that one certainly gets a move on, it's a bit rapid!

Speaking to FIL last night he would prefer a roller and varispeed, the battery only option is complicated by the roller requirement. There was an ATCO/Mountfield but its not available (both seem very low on stock).... The cobra would probably be the B+S motor as Hondas with a electric start seems very pricey. A set engine speed would not be an issue if drive speed is variable